May. 16th, 1969
New York City, New York, USA
5' 3 1/2"
Tracey Gold's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - What's the Worst That Could Happen?
1986 - The Best Of Times
Guest TV Roles
Born in New York City on May 16, 1969, brown-eyed actress Tracey Gold is very close to her parents, Bonnie Gold and Harry Gold (I) (who is her manager). She has three sisters, Missy Gold, who is also an actress, Brandy Gold (I) and Jessie Gold. Tracey's career began at age four when her dad went on a soft drink commercial audition and she tagged along. The man in charge of casting thought Tracey was auditioning for the commercial and cast her. Since her first job, she had appeared in at least thirty television movies, and the films, The Best of Times (1986) and Shoot the Moon (1982).
For her performances in "Goodnight, Beantown" (1983) and "Growing Pains" (1985) she was awarded the Youth-in-Film Award for Best Actress. Tracey graduated from high school in June, 1987.
- Was on the celebrity juror panel with 'Vicki Roberts (II)' (qv) on the nationally syndicated television series, _"Jury Duty" (2007)_ (qv).
- Successfully fought a battle against anorexia in the early 1990s and now speaks out about the dangers of eating disorders.
- Sons: Sage Gold Marshall (b. February 16, 1997), Bailey Vincent (b. March 4, 1999), Aiden Michael (b. May 9, 2004) and Dylan Christopher (April 1st, 2008).
- Was introduced to her future husband, 'Roby Marshall' (qv), by her _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv) co-star, 'Joanna Kerns' (qv).
- Delivered eulogy at costar Judith Barsi's funeral.
- September 2004: Was arrested for drunk driving after rolling her SUV, carrying husband 'Roby Marshall' (qv) and their three young boys, down a California freeway embankment. She was charged with a felony count of driving under the influence causing injury. According to a CHP spokesman, Gold was driving a 2001 GMC Yukon on Hwy. 118 at about 11:51 p.m. on September 3 when she lost control of the vehicle. While Gold's husband and two of her sons were not seriously injured, the actress' oldest child, 7-year-old Sage, suffered a broken clavicle and a head laceration. After CHP officers administered sobriety tests, Gold was arrested on the DUI charge.
- Her character, 'Carol Seavers, on _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv) was sent to study in London to cover the fact that she had been suspended due to her battle with anorexia nervosa.
- Her first onscreen kiss was with 'Brad Pitt' (qv).