May. 16th, 1973
Los Angeles, California, USA
Tori Spelling's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of Candy Spelling and Hollywood producer 'Aaron Spelling'. With her father as the producer of many popular television shows in the 1970's, Spelling had a taste for fame. She appeared on many of her father's shows including, The Love Boat (1977), T.J. Hooker (1982), Hotel (1983), Fantasy Island (1978), Vega$ (1978), and Saved by the Bell (1989). In 1990 she landed a role playing Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), a series co-produced by her father and 'Darren Star'. In the late 1990s she had a small role in Scream 2 (1997) and starred in The House of Yes (1997). When Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) ended, she appeared in more films like Scary Movie 2 (2001) and 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover (2004) which gained her more praise for acting in comedies.
On January 7, 2009, it was reported that Spelling would reprise her role as Donna Martin on the new CW show 90210. She appeared in two episodes (19 and 20) as a special guest star.
On July 3, 2004, Spelling married actor and playwright Charlie Shanian in a lavish $1 million ceremony. They separated in October 2005 after Spelling cheated on him with her film co-star 'Dean McDermott'; their divorce was finalized (April 20, 2006).
Spelling married 'Dean McDermott' less than a month later, (May 7, 2006), in a private ceremony in Wakaya, Fiji. McDermott - married since 1993 to Mary Jo Eustace with whom he has son Jack--- separated and divorced Eustace after his affair with Spelling. Spelling and McDermott renewed their vows (May 8, 2010) in Beverly Hills. McDermott brings to the marriage son Jack (October 1998); he did not finalize Lola's adoption, so she was adopted singularly by Eustace.
The couple has four children: sons Liam Aaron (b. March 13, 2007) and Finn Davey (b. August 30, 2012), and daughters Stella Doreen (b. June 9, 2008) and Hattie Margaret (b. October 10, 2011).
Spelling's father Aaron died on (June 23, 2006). She was anticipated to inherit a sizable portion of her father's $500 million estate. The estate was to be divided primarily between Spelling, her brother Randy and her mother Candy. Spelling's mother Candy was the estate executor, but she and Tori were estranged. Tori and her brother each inherited $800,000, although Randy was not estranged. It was reported that Candy established a $10 million trust fund for Tori Spelling's eldest child, Liam.
- Just as Tori chose Liam's middle name of Aaron to honor her late father, husband Dean chose Stella's middle name of Doreen to honor his late mother, Doreen McDermott.
- Tori wore a $50,000 'Badgley Mischka' (qv) crystal-beaded gown in her July 2004 wedding to 'Charlie Shanian' (qv).
- Mentioned in the rap-rock song Mope by 'Bloodhound Gang' (qv), along with personalities like 'Luciano Pavarotti' (qv), 'Tupac Shakur' (qv), 'The Notorious B.I.G.' (qv), 'Falco (I)' (qv), 'Bo Jackson (I)' (qv) and 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart' (qv).
- Daughter of 'Aaron Spelling' (qv) who produced many of the popular TV shows on the ABC television network during the 1970s. Sister of 'Randy Spelling' (qv).
- Goddaughter of 'Barbara Stanwyck' (qv) and 'Dean Martin (I)' (qv).
- Eloped with 'Dean McDermott' (qv) to a private island in Fiji on 7 May 2006.
- Ranked #23 in VH1 _"100 Greatest Teen Stars" (2006)_ (qv).
- Was one of the very first celebrity Yoga Booty Ballet students in Santa Monica, California