Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Playing It Cool (AMany Splintered Thing)
2015 - American Ultra
2014 - The Calling
2014 - Interstellar
2014 - Don Peyote
2013 - The Big Wedding
2011 - Take Me Home Tonight
2010 - Predators
2009 - Personal Effects
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2004 - In Good Company
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2004 - Ocean's Twelve
2003 - Mona Lisa Smile
2002 - Pinocchio
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
2000 - Traffic
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Guard #1 (Voiced)
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.
- Mother, Pat, works as a receptionist at the New Canaan Country School in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- Likes R&B, classic rock, and anything by 'Barry White (II)' (qv).
- Has an extensive collection of baseball caps.
- Recommended ex-girlfriend 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv) for the role of Cathy Feely in _Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004)_ (qv).
- Didn't like being called Chris as a kid, so he changed his name to Topher by dropping Chris from Christopher for show business.
- Decided not to come back for the last season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- Performed the lead role of Pseudolus, the comical narrator, in "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" at his high school. He also appeared in "Fiddler On The Roof," "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates Of Penzance".