Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Heroes are 'Chris Farley' (qv) and 'David Spade' (qv).
- Has an extensive collection of baseball caps.
- He and his fellow cast mates from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Laura Prepon' (qv) (Donna) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have all made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Recommended ex-girlfriend 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv) for the role of Cathy Feely in _Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004)_ (qv).
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.
- Likes R&B, classic rock, and anything by 'Barry White (II)' (qv).
- Attended the Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire; boarding school University of Southern California for one year.
- Corey Howard ('Glenn Howerton' (qv)), the central character of the failed _"That '80s Show" (2002)_ (qv), was the cousin of Topher's character, Eric Forman, from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).