Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Corey Howard ('Glenn Howerton' (qv)), the central character of the failed _"That '80s Show" (2002)_ (qv), was the cousin of Topher's character, Eric Forman, from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).
- He and his fellow cast mates from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Laura Prepon' (qv) (Donna) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have all made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Recommended ex-girlfriend 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv) for the role of Cathy Feely in _Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004)_ (qv).
- Attended summer camp with 'ChloŽ Sevigny' (qv), they appeared in several stage plays together. Though only a few years older, ChloŽ used to babysit him and his younger sister.
- While in the Venom costume he used in _Spider-Man 3 (2007)_ (qv), he didn't drink any water during his breaks because he couldn't use the bathroom with his costume on.
- Won the 2005 New Power Award for _In Good Company (2004)_ (qv) and _P.S. (2004)_ (qv).
- Heroes are 'Chris Farley' (qv) and 'David Spade' (qv).
- Didn't like being called Chris as a kid, so he changed his name to Topher by dropping Chris from Christopher for show business.