Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Playing It Cool (AMany Splintered Thing)
2014 - Don Peyote
2014 - The Calling
2014 - Interstellar
2013 - The Big Wedding
2011 - Take Me Home Tonight
2010 - Predators
2009 - Personal Effects
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2004 - In Good Company
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2003 - Mona Lisa Smile
2002 - Pinocchio
2000 - Traffic
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- To prepare for his role as Venom in _Spider-Man 3 (2007)_ (qv), he worked out for six months, gaining 24 pounds of muscle. He based his performance on alcoholics and drug addicts.
- Favourite book is the Bible.
- Recommended ex-girlfriend 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv) for the role of Cathy Feely in _Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004)_ (qv).
- Attended the Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire; boarding school University of Southern California for one year.
- Nephew of 'Susan Grace (II)' (qv).
- Likes R&B, classic rock, and anything by 'Barry White (II)' (qv).
- Decided not to come back for the last season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.