Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Attended USC.
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.
- Attended the Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire; boarding school University of Southern California for one year.
- The directors he wants to work with the most are 'P.J. Hogan' (qv), 'Peter Sollett' (qv), 'Robert Zemeckis' (qv), 'James Cameron (I)' (qv), 'Sofia Coppola' (qv), 'Steven Spielberg' (qv), 'Clint Eastwood' (qv), and 'Guillermo del Toro' (qv).
- Likes R&B, classic rock, and anything by 'Barry White (II)' (qv).
- Favourite book is the Bible.
- Attended summer camp with 'ChloŽ Sevigny' (qv), they appeared in several stage plays together. Though only a few years older, ChloŽ used to babysit him and his younger sister.
- Heroes are 'Chris Farley' (qv) and 'David Spade' (qv).