Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Calling
2010 - Valentine's Day
2010 - Predators
2009 - Personal Effects
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2004 - Ocean's Twelve
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2004 - In Good Company
2003 - Mona Lisa Smile
2002 - Pinocchio
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
2000 - Traffic
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Guard #1 (Voiced)
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Decided not to come back for the last season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- Corey Howard ('Glenn Howerton' (qv)), the central character of the failed _"That '80s Show" (2002)_ (qv), was the cousin of Topher's character, Eric Forman, from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).
- Won the 2005 New Power Award for _In Good Company (2004)_ (qv) and _P.S. (2004)_ (qv).
- Favourite book is the Bible.
- Likes R&B, classic rock, and anything by 'Barry White (II)' (qv).
- His favorite performances are 'James Stewart (I)' (qv) in _It's a Wonderful Life (1946)_ (qv) and 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv) in _Groundhog Day (1993)_ (qv).
- He and his fellow cast mates from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Laura Prepon' (qv) (Donna) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have all made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Heroes are 'Chris Farley' (qv) and 'David Spade' (qv).