Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Didn't like being called Chris as a kid, so he changed his name to Topher by dropping Chris from Christopher for show business.
- The directors he wants to work with the most are 'P.J. Hogan' (qv), 'Peter Sollett' (qv), 'Robert Zemeckis' (qv), 'James Cameron (I)' (qv), 'Sofia Coppola' (qv), 'Steven Spielberg' (qv), 'Clint Eastwood' (qv), and 'Guillermo del Toro' (qv).
- Heroes are 'Chris Farley' (qv) and 'David Spade' (qv).
- Often seen wearing a watch on his right wrist, but appears to be ambidextrous.
- He and his fellow cast mates from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Laura Prepon' (qv) (Donna) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have all made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Decided not to come back for the last season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- Enjoys playing tennis and even considered doing it professionally. He also enjoys soccer.
- Nephew of 'Susan Grace (II)' (qv).