Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Calling
2010 - Valentine's Day
2010 - Predators
2009 - Personal Effects
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2004 - Ocean's Twelve
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2004 - In Good Company
2003 - Mona Lisa Smile
2002 - Pinocchio
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
2000 - Traffic
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Guard #1 (Voiced)
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Won the 2005 New Power Award for _In Good Company (2004)_ (qv) and _P.S. (2004)_ (qv).
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.
- Dislikes the movie _Space Jam (1996)_ (qv). He once worked in a video shop that played it constantly.
- To prepare for his role as Venom in _Spider-Man 3 (2007)_ (qv), he worked out for six months, gaining 24 pounds of muscle. He based his performance on alcoholics and drug addicts.
- His favorite performances are 'James Stewart (I)' (qv) in _It's a Wonderful Life (1946)_ (qv) and 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv) in _Groundhog Day (1993)_ (qv).
- Enjoys playing tennis and even considered doing it professionally. He also enjoys soccer.
- Decided not to come back for the last season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- The directors he wants to work with the most are 'P.J. Hogan' (qv), 'Peter Sollett' (qv), 'Robert Zemeckis' (qv), 'James Cameron (I)' (qv), 'Sofia Coppola' (qv), 'Steven Spielberg' (qv), 'Clint Eastwood' (qv), and 'Guillermo del Toro' (qv).