Jul. 12th, 1978
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Topher Grace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Playing It Cool (AMany Splintered Thing)
2015 - American Ultra
2014 - Interstellar
2014 - Don Peyote
2014 - The Calling
2013 - The Big Wedding
2011 - Take Me Home Tonight
2010 - Predators
2009 - Personal Effects
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2007 - Spider-Man 3
2004 - Ocean's Twelve
2004 - In Good Company
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2003 - Mona Lisa Smile
2002 - Pinocchio
2001 - Ocean's Eleven
2000 - Traffic
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Guard #1 (Voiced)
Topher was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended school in Massachusetts for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and "The Pirates of Penzance." He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. His first name is Christopher, and he hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire's Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Grace dropped out of USC to start his show business career in "That '70s Show" (1998) at age 20. He was cast in that show because the show's creators, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner (I), saw him act in a high-school play--their daughter attended same high school. Apart from school plays, Grace had absolutely no acting experience before landing the role of Eric Forman.
- Often seen wearing a watch on his right wrist, but appears to be ambidextrous.
- Didn't like being called Chris as a kid, so he changed his name to Topher by dropping Chris from Christopher for show business.
- While in the Venom costume he used in _Spider-Man 3 (2007)_ (qv), he didn't drink any water during his breaks because he couldn't use the bathroom with his costume on.
- Corey Howard ('Glenn Howerton' (qv)), the central character of the failed _"That '80s Show" (2002)_ (qv), was the cousin of Topher's character, Eric Forman, from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).
- He and his fellow cast mates from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Laura Prepon' (qv) (Donna) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have all made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Wore a wig on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) to make his haircut look more in line with the men's hairstyles of the 1970s. This is why during the first season his hair changes color from brown to light red in some episodes.
- Mother, Pat, works as a receptionist at the New Canaan Country School in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- His favorite performances are 'James Stewart (I)' (qv) in _It's a Wonderful Life (1946)_ (qv) and 'Bill Murray (I)' (qv) in _Groundhog Day (1993)_ (qv).