May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- Hawk has starred in commercials for Apple Computer, McDonalds, Bagel Bites, Hershey's Milk, GoSnacks, The California Tourism Board, and Domino's Pizza.
- Eldest son Hudson 'Riley Hawk' (qv) is named after Tony's ancestor, Henry Hudson, who discovered the Hudson Valley. TH claims that, following the failure of _Hudson Hawk (1991)_ (qv) - which came and went within a year of his son's birth - the boy's parents just call him Riley.
- He is considered the pioneer of modern vertical skateboarding.
- Considered to have the best professional skateboard record in history, entering 103 pro contests, winning 73 of them, and placing second in 19.
- The engagement ring he gave to 'Lhotse Merriam' (qv) was from Tiffany.
- In 2000 he wrote an autobiography entitled HAWK: Occupation: Skateboarder, which made it to number 18 on to the New York Times bestseller list. He later wrote three more books: a young adult autobiography called Hawk, a road journal called Between Boardslides and Burnout and Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder.
- In 2000 he published his autobiography, "Occupation: Skateboarder."
- His wife Llotse's wedding gown was designed by 'Vera Wang' (qv).