May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- Is nicknamed by his fans "The Legendary: Tony Hawk."
- Sons with Erin Hawk: Spencer, born March 26, 1999 and Keegan, born July 18, 2001.
- Is the first skateboarder to do 'The 900' skateboarding trick, which requires two and half turns in the air on a vert ramp. He is the first and only skateboarder to date who has successfully done this trick. He has done 'The 900' over 15 times.
- He has three sons, Spencer and Keegan with his current wife Erin. Riley, the older son is from his first marriage.
- Hawk has starred in commercials for Apple Computer, McDonalds, Bagel Bites, Hershey's Milk, GoSnacks, The California Tourism Board, and Domino's Pizza.
- His all-time favorite movie is _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv)
- In 1992, after the skateboarding industry took a downturn, Hawk started Birdhouse Projects along with ex-Powell Peralta pro Per Welinder. Now known as Birdhouse Skateboards, it is one of the companies in the Blitz Distribution family, another company formed by Hawk and Welinder. He also owns his own film and TV production company, 900 Films, and, along with his family, started Hawk Clothing. Hawk Clothing was later sold to Quiksilver and is now sold exclusively in Kohl's department stores across the USA.
- In 2000 he wrote an autobiography entitled HAWK: Occupation: Skateboarder, which made it to number 18 on to the New York Times bestseller list. He later wrote three more books: a young adult autobiography called Hawk, a road journal called Between Boardslides and Burnout and Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder.