May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- Sponsored at age 12 by the legendary Dogtown Skateboards.
- In 2000 he wrote an autobiography entitled HAWK: Occupation: Skateboarder, which made it to number 18 on to the New York Times bestseller list. He later wrote three more books: a young adult autobiography called Hawk, a road journal called Between Boardslides and Burnout and Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder.
- On August 29, 2004, at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, he won the first MTV Award for "Best Video Game Soundtrack" for Tony Hawk's Underground (T.H.U.G.)
- In 2000 he published his autobiography, "Occupation: Skateboarder."
- Eldest son Hudson 'Riley Hawk' (qv) is named after Tony's ancestor, Henry Hudson, who discovered the Hudson Valley. TH claims that, following the failure of _Hudson Hawk (1991)_ (qv) - which came and went within a year of his son's birth - the boy's parents just call him Riley.
- Hawk owned his own half halfpipe, constructed by his father and friends at Fallbrook, where he lived with his first wife, Cindy Dunbar, and their son, Riley Hawk.
- His all-time favorite movie is _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv)
- Married Lhotse Merriam, January 12, 2006 on the island of Tavarua, Fiji. Rancid played at his wedding.