May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Jackass 3-D
2007 - 3000 Miles
2005 - Deck Dogz
2005 - Lords of Dogtown
2003 - Gumball 3000: The Movie
2002 - The New Guy
2002 - Jackass: The Movie
2002 - xXx
2001 - Max Keeble's Big Move
2001 - Dogtown and Z-Boys
1989 - Gleaming the Cube
1987 - Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
1986 - Thrashin'
Guest TV Roles
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- As of September 2001, still the only skateboarder to pull off a 900 in competition, which he has done multiple times.
- His all-time favorite movie is _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv)
- In 1992, after the skateboarding industry took a downturn, Hawk started Birdhouse Projects along with ex-Powell Peralta pro Per Welinder. Now known as Birdhouse Skateboards, it is one of the companies in the Blitz Distribution family, another company formed by Hawk and Welinder. He also owns his own film and TV production company, 900 Films, and, along with his family, started Hawk Clothing. Hawk Clothing was later sold to Quiksilver and is now sold exclusively in Kohl's department stores across the USA.
- Has been a professional skateboarder since he was 15
- In 2000 he published his autobiography, "Occupation: Skateboarder."
- A guest at his wedding to 'Lhotse Merriam' (qv) was 'Bam Margera' (qv).
- On August 29, 2004, at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, he won the first MTV Award for "Best Video Game Soundtrack" for Tony Hawk's Underground (T.H.U.G.)
- Hawk owned his own half halfpipe, constructed by his father and friends at Fallbrook, where he lived with his first wife, Cindy Dunbar, and their son, Riley Hawk.