May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Hill Street
2012 - Waiting for Lightning
2012 - Parental Guidance
2010 - Jackass 3-D
2005 - Deck Dogz
2005 - Lords of Dogtown
2003 - Gumball 3000: The Movie
2003 - Haggard
2002 - Jackass: The Movie
2002 - The New Guy
2002 - xXx
2001 - Dogtown and Z-Boys
2001 - Max Keeble's Big Move
1989 - Gleaming the Cube
1987 - Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
1986 - Thrashin'
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Clueless Gamer
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- The engagement ring he gave to 'Lhotse Merriam' (qv) was from Tiffany.
- He is considered the pioneer of modern vertical skateboarding.
- Hawk has starred in commercials for Apple Computer, McDonalds, Bagel Bites, Hershey's Milk, GoSnacks, The California Tourism Board, and Domino's Pizza.
- Placed in top 5 in 1980 Van's/Offshore Amateur State Finals (California) in boys 11-13 year old division.
- Is the first skateboarder to do 'The 900' skateboarding trick, which requires two and half turns in the air on a vert ramp. He is the first and only skateboarder to date who has successfully done this trick. He has done 'The 900' over 15 times.
- Has been a professional skateboarder since he was 15
- A guest at his wedding to 'Lhotse Merriam' (qv) was 'Bam Margera' (qv).
- On August 29, 2004, at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, he won the first MTV Award for "Best Video Game Soundtrack" for Tony Hawk's Underground (T.H.U.G.)