May. 12th, 1968
Carlsbad, California, USA
Tony Hawk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The father of four and husband of one, Tony Hawk is arguably the single most influential skateboarder of all time. Born and raised in the hazy daze of Southern California, Tony has forgotten more tricks than most people learn in a lifetime, and his contributions to the sport are endless -- most recently, unearthing skateboarding's holy grail by becoming the only person to successfully land a 900°.
- One of his ancestors is Henry Hudson (discoverer of the Hudson River, Hudson Bay, etc.).
- A guest at his wedding to 'Lhotse Merriam' (qv) was 'Bam Margera' (qv).
- Son of Nancy and Frank Hawk. Frank Hawk started the NSA (National Skateboarding Association).
- Tony's Boom Boom HuckJam tour is the most successful action sports tour featuring skateboarding, BMX, and freestyle Moto-X.
- As of September 2001, still the only skateboarder to pull off a 900 in competition, which he has done multiple times.
- Is the first skateboarder to do 'The 900' skateboarding trick, which requires two and half turns in the air on a vert ramp. He is the first and only skateboarder to date who has successfully done this trick. He has done 'The 900' over 15 times.
- His all-time favorite movie is _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv)
- Has been a professional skateboarder since he was 15