Tom Everett Scott
Sep. 7th, 1970
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts, USA
Tom Everett Scott's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Race To Witch Mountain
2007 - Because I Said So
2002 - National Lampoon's Van Wilder
2000 - Boiler Room
1999 - The Love Letter
1999 - Top of the Food Chain
1998 - Dead Man on Campus
1997 - An American Werewolf in Paris
1996 - That Thing You Do!
Guest TV Roles
Booster Gold (Voiced)
Governor Donald Shalvoy
Booster Gold (Voiced)
Raised in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts, where he was the 3rd of 4 children, to a father who is a civil engineer, and his mother an insurance saleswoman. His parents still live in the "nice house in the woods, pond nearby," where Tom spent his childhood canoeing, camping and acting kid-like. He acted in high school plays, but Tom planned to quit acting, and take a more serious look at the world. So, he enrolled in communications at Syracuse University in 1988. During his sophomore year he says "I went down to the theater and saw everything going on-people jumping around being idiots-and I thought, 'This is my home. This is where I should be.'" So, Tom switched his major to drama, and upon graduating, he moved to New York City. There, he waited tables, and eventually founded a theater company with 3 college buddies that they named "aTheaterco".
- Came in 3rd in a _"World Poker Tour" (2003)_ (qv) event, so far being the only "celebrity" to make it to a WPT final table
- In 2005, he appeared at the L.A. Ahmanson Theatre stage production of "Dead End," a rare revival of the 1932 Depression-era play that takes place along New York's East River. In the play, the entire orchestra pit was filled with 11,000 gallons of water to recreate the site. The play cost a reported $3 million.
- In the 2003 off-Broadway play "Touch," Scott's character opened the show with a 30-minute monologue.
- During auditions for _That Thing You Do! (1996)_ (qv), 'Tom Hanks' (qv) was opposed to hiring Tom (Everett Scott), because of the the fact that Scott could've passed for Hanks 15 years ago. It wasn't until Hanks' wife 'Rita Wilson (I)' (qv) saw the audition tape, and decided he was cute, so, Hanks decided to risk hiring Scott.
- 'Steve Zahn' (qv), who was in "That Thing You Do" with Tom, was Tom's best man.
- Graduated from Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York with a BA in Drama in 1992