Jun. 27th, 1975
Santa Monica, California
5' 8 1/2
Tobey Maguire's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tobias Vincent "Tobey" Maguire is an American actor and producer, known for Great Scott!, Spider-man, The Spoils of Babylon and The Boss Baby.
- He was originally set to play the role of Jake Hoyt in _Training Day (2001)_ (qv), opposite 'Denzel Washington' (qv). He had even gone through two months of training with narcotic officers, weapons training, and put on a lot of muscle but the role was later given to the producer's first choice, 'Ethan Hawke' (qv), and Tobey went on to star in _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) instead.
- Almost couldn't do _Spider-Man 2 (2004)_ (qv) after having severe back pains at the end of shooting _Seabiscuit (2003)_ (qv), 'Jake Gyllenhaal' (qv) was already in talks to replace him and had already begun preparation.
- While promoting _The Good German (2006)_ (qv) on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv), he revealed the baby's name, Ruby Sweetheart.
- Enjoys yoga and cooking.
- May, 2002: Bought a $3.5 million Beverly Hills mansion with his _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) earnings.
- Made his movie debut in _This Boy's Life (1993)_ (qv).
- During the Australian release period of _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv), he appeared on an Australian late-night variety show with his co-star 'Willem Dafoe' (qv). During this interview, when asked if he was a fan of the comic book, he claimed that he had never touched a Spider-Man comic book before and that he never wanted to read them.
- Originally wanted to be a chef, but he turned to acting after his mother offered him $100 to take drama rather than home economics in high school.