May. 20th, 1968
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Timothy Olyphant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
From Timothy Olyphant's first screen appearances, such as his two minute bit in First Wives Club, to Nicko, whose presence at times dwarfed the island in Perfect Getaway, he has been a force to be reckoned with.
Born in Hawaii, Timothy was raised in Modesto California. He is of Scottish descent. His mother, Katherine, and his father Bevan. He has an older brother, Andy Olyphant, who is in A&R for Warner Brother Records, and a younger brother, Matthew Olyphant, who was the lead singer for the punk rock group, Fetish, and is also an artist. Timothy quickly became Modesto, California's favorite son, competing as a pro swimmer and excelling at drawing. It was by chance that he enrolled in an acting course as an elective and decided to pursue an acting career. He took his family and headed to New York City, where he studied the craft and began auditioning for roles.From the beginning he tried to choose diversified roles and take chances with every genre and always approached everything he did with commitment, humor and grace.
Timothy is married to his college sweetheart, Alexis Kneif, and together they raise three children, one son and two daughters in California. He has managed to keep his personal life out of the tabloids. He obviously has his priorities straight, as this is no easy task in Hollywood.
Careerwise, Timothy dominated the small screen with his riveting portrayal of sheriff Seth Bullock in HBO's hit drama, Deadwood. He now personifies intensity as complex Kentucky Marshal, Raylan Givens, in FX's Justified. On the big screen, in this year's The Crazies, he had the chance to infuse his character with doubts, fears and humaneness in an inhumane situation. Mr. Olyphant proved he could carry a major movie on his talent alone.
Upcoming is I Am Number Four, a Steven Speilberg sci-if thriller in which Tim provides the adult mentorship, taking a back seat to the teen cast.
- While at the University of Southern California, he studied fine art and theater.
- Lives in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- He was considered for the role of Tony Stark in _Iron Man (2008)_ (qv).
- He was raised in Modesto, California and attended the University of Southern California.
- Swam competitively while attending the University of Southern California (US National Finalist in the 200m individual medley)
- His brother, Andy, is an A & R executive for Warner Bros. Records
- Has a daughter named Grace Katherine Olyphant, born on June 20th 1999, with his wife Alexis Knief.
- Last name is pronounced "Ol-uh-fint".