Aug. 16th, 1960
Malibu, California, USA
Timothy Hutton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Ghost Writer
2010 - Multiple Sarcasms
2009 - Brief Interviews with Hideous Men
2009 - Serious Moonlight
2009 - The Killing Room
2008 - The Alphabet Killer
2008 - Lymelife
2007 - When A Man Falls In The Forest
2007 - The Last Mimzy
2006 - Last Holiday
2006 - The Good Shepherd
2004 - Kinsey
2004 - Secret Window
1999 - The General's Daughter
1997 - Playing God
1997 - City of Industry
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - French Kiss
1993 - The Temp
1993 - The Dark Half
1990 - Q & A
1988 - Betrayed
1987 - Made in Heaven
1985 - The Falcon and the Snowman
1985 - turk 182!
1984 - Iceman
1981 - Ordinary People
1981 - Taps
1900 - Heavens Fall
Guest TV Roles
Timothy Hutton set Hollywood ablaze when he burst onto the acting scene in the early 1980s. After only a small number of significant roles in TV movies, he bagged the part of Conrad in the Robert Redford-directed Ordinary People (1980). His convincing - and touching - performance as the troubled and self-accusing teenager trying to deal with the death of his older brother, won him an Academy Award He is, to date, the youngest actor to receive an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor (1980).
With over 70 film, TV, and stage appearances (including an impressive 15 features films between 2006-08), Tim Hutton is (of 2008) headlining the hit TV series Leverage (2008) as insurance investigator Nate Ford. He also starred in the acclaimed Roman Polanski film The Ghost Writer (2010).
Hutton made his Broadway debut in 1989 in the A.R. Gurney play Love Letters.
- Is a big fan of the New York band Black 47.
- Co-owner of the Bar/Restaurant "P.J. Clarke's" in New York City.
- Discovered acting in the ninth grade.
- Son of actor 'Jim Hutton (I)' (qv).
- At the age of 20 years and 227 days, he became the youngest Academy Award winner for best supporting actor for _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv). As of 2005, he still holds the record.
- Was the original choice to play the role of Joel Goodson in _Risky Business (1983)_ (qv), but turned it down.
- Son, Emmanuel Noah Hutton ('Noah Hutton' (qv)) (born April 29, 1987) with 'Debra Winger' (qv).
- His mother, Maryline Adams (née Poole), was a teacher and ran a small publishing company, and his father was actor 'Jim Hutton (I)' (qv), star of NBC TV's _"Ellery Queen" (1975)_ (qv).