Aug. 16th, 1960
Malibu, California, USA
Timothy Hutton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Timothy Tarquin Hutton (born August 16, 1960) is an American actor and director.
Hutton set Hollywood ablaze when he burst onto the acting scene in the early 1980s. After only a small number of significant roles in TV movies, he bagged the part of Conrad in the Robert Redford-directed Ordinary People (1980). His convincing - and touching - performance as the troubled and self-accusing teenager trying to deal with the death of his older brother, won him an Academy Award. He is, to date, the youngest actor to receive an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor (1980).
With over 70 film, TV, and stage appearances (including an impressive 15 features films between 2006-08), Tim Hutton is (of 2008) headlining the hit TV series Leverage (2008) as insurance investigator Nate Ford. He also starred in the acclaimed Roman Polanski film The Ghost Writer (2010).
Hutton made his Broadway debut in 1989 in the A.R. Gurney play Love Letters.
- Current president of the exclusive Players Club in New York City (2004).
- He has twice played real-life traitors to the United States. He played Christopher Boyce in _The Falcon and the Snowman (1985)_ (qv) and Aldrich Ames in _Aldrich Ames: Traitor Within (1998) (TV)_ (qv). Both men were convicted of having sold secrets to the Soviet Union.
- Was the original choice to play the role of Joel Goodson in _Risky Business (1983)_ (qv), but turned it down.
- Discovered acting in the ninth grade.
- Son, Milo Hutton (born Paris, September 11, 2001) with 'Aurore Giscard d'Estaing' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2008 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _The Last Mimzy (2007)_ (qv), he failed to receive a nomination however.
- At the age of 20 years and 227 days, he became the youngest Academy Award winner for best supporting actor for _Ordinary People (1980)_ (qv). As of 2005, he still holds the record.
- Son, Emmanuel Noah Hutton ('Noah Hutton' (qv)) (born April 29, 1987) with 'Debra Winger' (qv).