Apr. 19th, 1946
Grappenhall, Cheshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Sir Gawain (Voiced)
Prince Lotor (Voiced)
Khan Chicken (Voiced)
Chancellor Palpatine (Voiced)
G. Gordon Godfrey (Voiced)
Chief Elder (Voiced)
Dr. Anton Sevarius (Voiced)
Professor Finbarr Calamitous (Voiced)
The son of a Methodist Royal Navy chaplain, James, and his wife Patricia, a school secretary, Tim Curry studied Drama and English at Cambridge and at Birmingham University, from which he graduated with Combined Honors. His first professional success was in the London production of 'Hair,' followed by more work in the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Glasgow Civic Repertory Company, and the Royal Court Theatre where he created the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in 'The Rocky Horror Show.' He recreated the role in the Los Angeles and Broadway productions and starred in the screen version entitled The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). Curry continued his career on the New York and London stages with starring roles in 'Travesties,' 'Amadeus,' 'The Pirates Of Penzance,' 'The Rivals,' 'Love For Love,' 'Dalliance,' 'The Threepenny Opera,' 'The Art Of Success' and 'My Favorite Year.' He also starred in the US tour of 'Me And My Girl.' He has received two Tony award nominations for best actor and won the Royal Variety Club Award as "Stage Actor of the Year."
A composer and a singer, Curry toured the US and Europe with his own band and released four albums on A&M Records. In addition to an active movie and television career, he is a sought-after actor for CD-ROM productions. His distinctive voice can be heard on more than a dozen audio books, and in countless animated television series and videos. He lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Frank.
- Has read several times for "The Great Writers Series" in Los Angeles
- Studied Drama & English at Cambridge and at Birmingham University, from which he graduated with Combined Honors.
- Performed in Roger Waters' historic production of "The Wall: Live in Berlin" in July, 1990
- Not only was he 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv)'s second choice for the role of The Joker, he was the producers' first choice for the role in the animated television series, until 'Mark Hamill (I)' (qv) was cast. Tom Hulce succeeded him in the role of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Amadeus.
- Appears as both subject and author in the photography book "Double Exposure, Take Four" by 'Roddy McDowall' (qv).
- He was presented with an honorary citizenship of New Orleans and key to the City of New Orleans by Angela Baham, Administrative Assistant to the Chief Administrator Officer Reynard J. Rochon to Mayor Ernest Morial on October 8, 1979 following a concert in New Orleans.
- Personally paid for his cousin, Keighley Twocker frontman Michael Loftus to have cosmetic surgery
- _Don't Look Now (1973)_ (qv) is one of his favorite films.