Apr. 19th, 1946
Grappenhall, Cheshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Sir Gawain (Voiced)
Prince Lotor (Voiced)
George Herbert Walker 'King' Chicken (Voiced)
Chancellor Palpatine (Voiced)
G. Gordon Godfrey (Voiced)
Chief Elder (Voiced)
Dr. Anton Sevarius (Voiced)
The son of a Methodist Royal Navy chaplain, James, and his wife Patricia, a school secretary, Tim Curry studied Drama and English at Cambridge and at Birmingham University, from which he graduated with Combined Honors. His first professional success was in the London production of 'Hair,' followed by more work in the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Glasgow Civic Repertory Company, and the Royal Court Theatre where he created the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Show. He recreated the role in the Los Angeles and Broadway productions and starred in the screen version entitled The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). Curry continued his career on the New York and London stages with starring roles in Travesties, Amadeus, The Pirates Of Penzance, The Rivals, Love For Love, Dalliance, The Threepenny Opera, The Art Of Success and My Favorite Year. He also starred in the US tour of Me And My Girl. He has received two Tony award nominations for best actor and won the Royal Variety Club Award as "Stage Actor of the Year."
A composer and a singer, Curry toured the US and Europe with his own band and released four albums on A&M Records. In addition to an active movie and television career, he is a sought-after actor for CD-ROM productions. His distinctive voice can be heard on more than a dozen audio books, and in countless animated television series and videos. He lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Frank.
- Not only was he 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv)'s second choice for the role of The Joker, he was the producers' first choice for the role in the animated television series, until 'Mark Hamill (I)' (qv) was cast. Tom Hulce succeeded him in the role of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Amadeus.
- Studied Drama & English at Cambridge and at Birmingham University, from which he graduated with Combined Honors.
- In a Fresh Air interview in 2005, he reported meeting 'Princess Diana' (qv). It turned out she was such a fan of _The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)_ (qv), she told him, "Thank you for completing my education.".
- Turned down the role of Mitzi in _The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)_ (qv)
- Has earned three Tony Award nominations, the first in 1981 as Best Actor (Play) for portraying the title character 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart' (qv) in "Amadeus" - the second in 1993 as Best Actor (Musical) for "My Favorite Year" - and the third in 2005 for Best Actor (Musical) for his role of King Arthur in "Spamalot".
- Was 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv)'s second choice for the role of the Joker on _Batman (1989)_ (qv). He did go on to playing a crazed "clown" in 'Stephen King (I)' (qv)'s _It (1990) (TV)_ (qv).
- Has read several times for "The Great Writers Series" in Los Angeles
- Has a dog named Frank.