Dec. 15th, 1933
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tim Conway is a legendary comic actor and performer best known as a regular on "The Carol Burnett Show" in the mid 70's. Viewers delighted in Tim's adlibs in hopes to make fellow cast members, especially Harvey Korman, break out of character and start to laugh. Prior to "Carol Burnett" Tim starred in "McHale's Navy" with Ernest Borgnine. His character was Ensign Parker, Borgnine's inept second-in-command.
Tim has also enjoyed success in several movies. Most notably "The Apple Dumpling Gang" with Don Knotts.
In the mid 90's he produced a video with sequences of his "Dorf" character in the outdoors and sold successfully sold it through TV advertisements.
Tim Conway continues to entertain fans worldwide.
- First name was changed to Tim to avoid confusion with 'Tom Conway (I)' (qv)
- He is a member of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- Father of 'Tim Conway Jr.' (qv) and 'Kelly Conway (I)' (qv).
- Father of Jamie "Jake" Conway.
- He became notorious on _"The Carol Burnett Show" (1967)_ (qv) for making the cast members - especially co-star 'Harvey Korman' (qv) - break up with laughter during taping, while he remained in character. Unlike most shows, these bits were usually left in the routines when the episodes were aired.
- His car's license plate reads "13 WKS", a reference to the fact that all of his solo television projects have been cancelled after 13 weeks.
- Is of Irish descent on his father's side.
- (2004) Named a Disney Legend.