Dec. 15th, 1933
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Tim Conway's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Aristocrats
1998 - Air Bud: Golden Receiver
1997 - Speed 2: Cruise Control
1996 - Dear God
1984 - Cannonball Run II
1979 - The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
1979 - The Prize Fighter
1976 - Gus
1975 - The Apple Dumpling Gang
Guest TV Roles
Tim Conway is a legendary comic actor and performer best known as a regular on "The Carol Burnett Show" in the mid 70's. Viewers delighted in Tim's adlibs in hopes to make fellow cast members, especially Harvey Korman, break out of character and start to laugh. Prior to "Carol Burnett" Tim starred in "McHale's Navy" with Ernest Borgnine. His character was Ensign Parker, Borgnine's inept second-in-command.
Tim has also enjoyed success in several movies. Most notably "The Apple Dumpling Gang" with Don Knotts.
In the mid 90's he produced a video with sequences of his "Dorf" character in the outdoors and sold successfully sold it through TV advertisements.
Tim Conway continues to entertain fans worldwide.
- First name was changed to Tim to avoid confusion with 'Tom Conway (I)' (qv)
- Father of 'Tim Conway Jr.' (qv) and 'Kelly Conway (I)' (qv).
- Was local TV comedy team partner with 'Ernie Anderson' (qv) (father of director 'Paul Thomas Anderson' (qv)) until Conway moved away from Cleveland.
- Comedienne 'Rose Marie (I)' (qv) discovered him and arranged for him to audition for _"The Steve Allen Show" (1956)_ (qv). He so impressed Allen that Conway wound up with a regular spot on the show.
- Father of Jamie "Jake" Conway.
- Earned a degree in television and radio from Bowling Green State University.
- He is a member of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- He became notorious on _"The Carol Burnett Show" (1967)_ (qv) for making the cast members - especially co-star 'Harvey Korman' (qv) - break up with laughter during taping, while he remained in character. Unlike most shows, these bits were usually left in the routines when the episodes were aired.