Jun. 13th, 1953
Denver, Colorado, USA
Tim Allen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Timothy Allen Dick (born June 13, 1953) in Denver, Colorado, USA. His father was Gerald Dick, a real-estate salesman who was killed in a collision with a drunk driver while driving his family home from a University of Colorado football game when Tim was 11-years-old. His mother was Martha Dick (AKA Marty Dick), a community-service worker who remarried her high-school sweetheart, an Episcopalian deacon, two years after Tim's father's death. Tim also has a total of eight siblings. When Tim was young, his family moved to Birmingham, Michigan. In high school, his favorite subject was shop, of course, and after high school, he attended Western Michigan University and graduated with a degree in Television Production in 1975.
In 1978, he was arrested on drug charges and spent two years in jail. Upon his release, he had a new outlook on life and on a dare from a friend, started his comedy career at the Comedy Castle in Detroit. Later, he went on to do several cable specials, including, Comedy's Dirtiest Dozen (1988) and Tim Allen: Men Are Pigs (1991).
In 1991, he became the star of his own hit television series on ABC called Home Improvement (1991). While continuing to film his television show throughout most of the '90s, he starred in a string of blockbuster movies including The Santa Clause (1994), Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999), and Galaxy Quest (1999).
In August of 1996, he developed and unveiled his own signature line of power tools, manufactured by Ryobi. On top of all that, he has his own racing team, Tim Allen/Saleen RRRRacing.
In May of 1999, he ended his show Home Improvement (1991) after 8 seasons and in 2001, he filmed such movies as Big Trouble (2002) and Joe Somebody (2001).
- Attended Western Michigan University.
- Stand up routine consisted of jokes comparing the differences between men and women. This theme continued on his TV show _"Home Improvement" (1991)_ (qv).
- Has nine brothers and sisters.
- Tim and his wife, 'Jane Hajduk' (qv), became the parents of their first child, a girl named Elizabeth, on March 28, 2009 in Los Angeles. Elizabeth weighed in at 5 lb. 13 oz.
- A stand up comic at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Detroit, featuring the talents of 'Kevin Pollak' (qv) and 'D.B. Dickerson' (qv)
- (24 May 1997) Arrested in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, for drunk driving.
- Expecting first child with wife, Jane, in Spring 2009.
- His comedy career started on a dare from a friend at the 'Comedy Castle' in Detroit.