Jun. 13th, 1953
Denver, Colorado, USA
Tim Allen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - I Am Comic
2010 - Toy Story 3
2010 - Crazy on the Outside
2009 - The Six Wives of Henry Lefay
2008 - Redbelt
2007 - Fired!
2007 - Wild Hogs
2007 - The Pixar Story
2006 - The Shaggy Dog
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2006 - Zoom
2006 - Cars
2004 - Christmas with the Kranks
2002 - Big Trouble
2001 - Joe Somebody
1999 - Galaxy Quest
1999 - Toy Story 2
1997 - For Richer or Poorer
1997 - Jungle 2 Jungle
1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
1995 - Toy Story
1994 - The Santa Clause
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Jay Leno")
Himself - Guest
Timothy Allen Dick (born June 13, 1953) in Denver, Colorado, USA. His father was Gerald Dick, a real-estate salesman who was killed in a collision with a drunk driver while driving his family home from a University of Colorado football game when Tim was 11-years-old. His mother was Martha Dick (AKA Marty Dick), a community-service worker who remarried her high-school sweetheart, an Episcopalian deacon, two years after Tim's father's death. Tim also has a total of eight siblings. When Tim was young, his family moved to Birmingham, Michigan. In high school, his favorite subject was shop, of course, and after high school, he attended Western Michigan University and graduated with a degree in Television Production in 1975.
In 1978, he was arrested on drug charges and spent two years in jail. Upon his release, he had a new outlook on life and on a dare from a friend, started his comedy career at the Comedy Castle in Detroit. Later, he went on to do several cable specials, including, Comedy's Dirtiest Dozen (1988) and Tim Allen: Men Are Pigs (1991).
In 1991, he became the star of his own hit television series on ABC called Home Improvement (1991). While continuing to film his television show throughout most of the '90s, he starred in a string of blockbuster movies including The Santa Clause (1994), Toy Story (1995), Toy Story 2 (1999), and Galaxy Quest (1999).
In August of 1996, he developed and unveiled his own signature line of power tools, manufactured by Ryobi. On top of all that, he has his own racing team, Tim Allen/Saleen RRRRacing.
In May of 1999, he ended his show Home Improvement (1991) after 8 seasons and in 2001, he filmed such movies as Big Trouble (2002) and Joe Somebody (2001).
- Attended Western Michigan University.
- (24 May 1997) Arrested in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, for drunk driving.
- Tim and his wife, 'Jane Hajduk' (qv), became the parents of their first child, a girl named Elizabeth, on March 28, 2009 in Los Angeles. Elizabeth weighed in at 5 lb. 13 oz.
- Paid $2 million for 26 acres of Michigan campground with the intention of keeping it in its natural, undeveloped state.
- Daughter Katherine 'Kady' Allen (born 1989) with ex-wife 'Laura Diebel' (qv).
- Has nine brothers and sisters.
- A stand up comic at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Detroit, featuring the talents of 'Kevin Pollak' (qv) and 'D.B. Dickerson' (qv)
- Started out doing stand-up comedy.