86 (passed away Jan. 27th, 2007)
Mar. 19th, 1920
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Tige Andrews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He had six children, three boys and three girls: Barbara, Gina, Julie, John, Steve and Tony.
- Brooklyn-born, he was 3 when his mother, Selma, died, and his father, George, later remarried. Tige grew up amid a large family in Middlesex, N.J., where his father ran a fruit stand.
- He recorded a record single "Keep America Beautiful" and "The Mod Father" in the early 1970s.
- He had eleven grandchildren.
- Served in the US Army during WWII but returned home after being wounded in Sicily.
- Was an artist who painted with oil paints, and was published in the book "Actors as Artists" and has had gallery shows.
- After seeing Tige perform in "Mister Roberts" on Broadway, director 'John Ford (I)' (qv) cast him in the film version of _Mister Roberts (1955)_ (qv) and in at least two other projects including _The Wings of Eagles (1957)_ (qv).
- His immigrant parents, following Syrian custom, named him after a strong animal because it was supposed to ensure good health.