86 (passed away Jan. 27th, 2007)
Mar. 19th, 1920
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Tige Andrews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Was wounded while serving in the U.S. Army during World War II.
- His father ran a fruit stand.
- His late wife, 'Norma Thornton' (qv), was a dancer who appeared regularly on _"Toast of the Town" (1948)_ (qv) (aka The Ed Sullivan Show). She died in 1996.
- Credited director 'John Ford (I)' (qv) with being a major influence in his career.
- After seeing Tige perform in "Mister Roberts" on Broadway, director 'John Ford (I)' (qv) cast him in the film version of _Mister Roberts (1955)_ (qv) and in at least two other projects including _The Wings of Eagles (1957)_ (qv).
- Served in the US Army during WWII but returned home after being wounded in Sicily.
- Was an artist who painted with oil paints, and was published in the book "Actors as Artists" and has had gallery shows.
- He recorded a record single "Keep America Beautiful" and "The Mod Father" in the early 1970s.