86 (passed away Jan. 27th, 2007)
Mar. 19th, 1920
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Tige Andrews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1976 - The Last Tycoon
1957 - The Wings of Eagles
1955 - Mister Roberts
Guest TV Roles
Sergeant Geno Polucci
- Brooklyn-born, he was 3 when his mother, Selma, died, and his father, George, later remarried. Tige grew up amid a large family in Middlesex, N.J., where his father ran a fruit stand.
- Graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
- His father ran a fruit stand.
- His mother died when he was only three years old.
- Was one of the original founding members of the Covenant Players International Repertory Theater Company, a worldwide, inter-denominational, non-profit, theme-based, touring drama ministry, which started on September 29, 1963, in Los Angeles, California and is still operating over four decades later.
- After seeing Tige perform in "Mister Roberts" on Broadway, director 'John Ford (I)' (qv) cast him in the film version of _Mister Roberts (1955)_ (qv) and in at least two other projects including _The Wings of Eagles (1957)_ (qv).
- Was wounded while serving in the U.S. Army during World War II.
- Served in the US Army during WWII but returned home after being wounded in Sicily.