86 (passed away Jan. 27th, 2007)
Mar. 19th, 1920
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Tige Andrews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1976 - The Last Tycoon
1957 - The Wings of Eagles
1955 - Mister Roberts
Guest TV Roles
Sergeant Geno Polucci
- Was one of the original founding members of the Covenant Players International Repertory Theater Company, a worldwide, inter-denominational, non-profit, theme-based, touring drama ministry, which started on September 29, 1963, in Los Angeles, California and is still operating over four decades later.
- Was an artist who painted with oil paints, and was published in the book "Actors as Artists" and has had gallery shows.
- Brooklyn-born, he was 3 when his mother, Selma, died, and his father, George, later remarried. Tige grew up amid a large family in Middlesex, N.J., where his father ran a fruit stand.
- Graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
- His immigrant parents, following Syrian custom, named him after a strong animal because it was supposed to ensure good health.
- He was an alumnus of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Served in the US Army during WWII but returned home after being wounded in Sicily.
- He had eleven grandchildren.