Jan. 2nd, 1967
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Tia Carrere's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Back in the Day
2002 - Lilo & Stitch
1998 - Top of the World
1997 - Kull the Conqueror
1996 - High School High
1995 - Jury Duty
1995 - My Teacher's Wife
1995 - The Immortals
1994 - True Lies
1993 - Wayne's World 2
1993 - Rising Sun
1992 - Wayne's World
1991 - Showdown in Little Tokyo
1991 - Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
1986 - Zombie Nightmare
Guest TV Roles
Sullen Female Farmer (Voiced)
Herself - Contestant
Agent Kate Logan
Tia Carrere was born Althea Rae Duhinio Janairo on January 2, 1967 in Honolulu, Hawaii. She is the eldest of three sisters and two half-sisters. While attending Sacred Hearts Academy school for girls, Tia was discovered in a Waikiki grocery store and landed the female lead in the indie movie Aloha Summer (1988). Although her passion has always been singing (grandmother Rae took Tia to her first singing lesson at age ten), Tia would continue her ascent in the acting world with a regular stint on "General Hospital" (1963) as "Jade Soong" and a string of co-starring roles on "MacGyver" (1985), "Quantum Leap" (1989) and Friday the 13th, among others. It wasn't until her breakthrough role as "Cassandra" in the Wayne's World films that Tia was able to showcase both her singing and acting chops. Wayne's World was a worldwide phenom and set the stage for her villainous "Juno Skinner" in True Lies (1994) opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger, computer whiz "Jingo Asakuma" in Rising Sun opposite Sean Connery and her own series lead of "Sydney Fox" on "Relic Hunter" (1999). Other current TV work has included appearing on the 2007 season premiere of Nip/Tuck, on Kelsey Grammer's Back To You, and recurring as Cha Cha on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Recently Tia returned to her Hawaiian roots with her voice work in Disney's Lilo & Stitch films and series as well as her Grammy-nominated CD " hawaiiana ".
- Worked as a model. She is a singer. Released an album called "Dream."
- Her little sister could not say "Althea", it came out "Tia."
- Heritage is "part Chinese, part Spanish, part Filipino."
- Was an acting contestant on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv) in 1985; she lost in her first round.
- She ranked # 69 in FHM-USA's 100 Sexiest Women (2001)
- Named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World" by people magazine (1992)
- Was offered a role on _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv) but turned it down so she could audition for _Wayne's World (1992)_ (qv).
- Featured in Playboy Magazine, January 2003 edition