Nov. 22nd, 1940
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Terry Gilliam's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Breakfast with Hunter
2002 - Lost in La Mancha
1985 - Brazil
1985 - Spies Like Us
1983 - The Crimson Permanent Assurance
1982 - Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl
1979 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
1977 - Jabberwocky
1975 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Born in Minnesota, he is the only non-British member of the Monty Python comedy troupe
- _The Fisher King (1991)_ (qv) was the first film that he directed in which he was not involved in writing the screenplay.
- Is a fan of science fiction author Philip K. Dick.
- He and 'John Cleese' (qv) are the only members of 'Monty Python' to be nominated for Oscars. Coincidentally, they were both for Best Original Screenplay, Gilliam for _Brazil (1985)_ (qv) and Cleese for _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv). Both screenplays did not win their Oscars, and both films featured 'Michael Palin' (qv).
- Father of 'Amy Gilliam' (qv), Holly DuBois Gilliam and 'Harry Gilliam' (qv).
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2001.
- Was offered the chance to direct Troy (2004). He stopped reading the script 5 pages in and declined the offer.
- During the filming of _Brazil (1985)_ (qv) he became so stressed that he temporarily lost the use of his legs, which only returned to normal several weeks later.