Nov. 22nd, 1940
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Terry Gilliam's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Breakfast with Hunter
2002 - Lost in La Mancha
1985 - Brazil
1985 - Spies Like Us
1983 - The Crimson Permanent Assurance
1982 - Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl
1979 - Monty Python's Life of Brian
1977 - Jabberwocky
1975 - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Guest TV Roles
- Was slated to direct an adaptation of the novel "Good Omens" by 'Neil Gaiman' (qv) and 'Terry Pratchett' (qv). The project languished in development for three years before finally being abandoned.
- Has been off and on to write and direct a movie adaptation of 'Alan Moore (III)' (qv) and 'Dave Gibbons' (qv)'s graphic novel "Watchmen." Gilliam has said he attempted to write an accurate screenplay but it would be unfilmable, but he would consider directing it if it were made into 10 or 12-part cable television series.
- Gave up his US citizenship in January 2006. [source: Haaretz interview, Feb. 2006].
- Father of 'Amy Gilliam' (qv), Holly DuBois Gilliam and 'Harry Gilliam' (qv).
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2001.
- Three of his films are in the Criterion Collection - _Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)_ (qv), _Brazil (1985)_ (qv), and _Time Bandits (1981)_ (qv).
- Has taken British citizenship.
- _The Fisher King (1991)_ (qv) was the first film that he directed in which he was not involved in writing the screenplay.