Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- She and _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Marcia Cross' (qv) both made guest appearances on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) as prospective girlfriends of 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv).
- (1997) #3 of Sci-Fi's Sexy 50, by Femme Fatales magazine.
- First person to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for a show that has not yet completed it's first season.
- Her inspirational autobiography, "Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life" will be released on hardcover by publisher Hyperion on May 2, 2006 in the U.S.A. The audio CD version of the book narrated by Teri Hatcher will also be released on the same date. The book deals with a woman's struggle of to juggle life through good times and bad.
- Broke two ribs filming a scene for _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) where she stumbles into a wedding cake
- Attended De Anza College for 2 1/2 years and dropped out when she landed the part of a _"The Love Boat" (1977)_ (qv) mermaid.
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.
- Stated on "Inside the Actor's Studio" that she may be of 1/16th Choctaw Native American descent.