Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Coraline
2007 - Resurrecting the Champ
2001 - Spy Kids
1997 - Tomorrow Never Dies
1996 - 2 Days in the Valley
1996 - Heaven's Prisoners
1996 - Dead Girl
1992 - Straight Talk
1991 - Soapdish
1989 - Tango & Cash
Guest TV Roles
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- (27 May 1994) Married actor 'Jon Tenney' (qv) in New York City at FAO Schwarz. They spent their honeymoon night at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Won two Awards at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards in London, England on June 7, 2005. She was named US TV actress of the Year for her role as single mother Susan Mayer in _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), and also got the Editor's Special Award for her talent to combine motherhood and a career while looking glamorous at the same time.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- (28 February 2003) Filed for divorce from 'Jon Tenney' (qv), citing irreconcilable differences. According to the petition submitted in Los Angeles Superior Court, the couple have agreed to joint custody of their five-year-old daughter, Emerson Rose.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).
- The October 1996 issue of "Movieline" (US movie magazine) originally had a cover picture of her wearing nothing but rope wrapped around her. This proved too controversial and a second cover picture (her in a dress) was substituted.
- Went to Fremont High School in Sunnyvale, California (class of '82).
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.