Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Appeared in two completely different, unrelated productions in which she played a character who was targeted by assassination by a hit man played by 'Vincent Schiavelli' (qv): the television series _"MacGyver" (1985)_ (qv) and _Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)_ (qv).
- Suffered an injury to her right eye when a light bulb exploded on the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) set on April 25, 2006. Her cornea was scratched and she is wearing an eye patch, but she is expected to return to work in a few days.
- Went to Fremont High School in Sunnyvale, California (class of '82).
- She and _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Marcia Cross' (qv) both made guest appearances on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) as prospective girlfriends of 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv).
- (1997) #3 of Sci-Fi's Sexy 50, by Femme Fatales magazine.
- Attended De Anza College for 2 1/2 years and dropped out when she landed the part of a _"The Love Boat" (1977)_ (qv) mermaid.
- Stated on "Inside the Actor's Studio" that she may be of 1/16th Choctaw Native American descent.
- In the mid-90s, a photo of her wrapped in nothing but a red Superman cape famously became the most downloaded image on America Online.