Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).
- Clairol has signed her to a multi-year contract to be the Nice 'n Easy haircolor spokesperson. She will promote the Brand across marketing vehicles, including television and print advertising, public relations, interactive, in-store and direct-to-consumer initiatives. [September 16, 2005]
- Was Captain of the Fremont High School Featherettes Drill Team.
- The October 1996 issue of "Movieline" (US movie magazine) originally had a cover picture of her wearing nothing but rope wrapped around her. This proved too controversial and a second cover picture (her in a dress) was substituted.
- Stated on "Inside the Actor's Studio" that she may be of 1/16th Choctaw Native American descent.
- Claims that she was sexually molested by her then-uncle, Richard Hayes Stone, from age 5 to 9. [March 8, 2006] Stone died of colon cancer on August 19, 2008.
- Won two Awards at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards in London, England on June 7, 2005. She was named US TV actress of the Year for her role as single mother Susan Mayer in _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), and also got the Editor's Special Award for her talent to combine motherhood and a career while looking glamorous at the same time.
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.