Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- Attended De Anza College for 2 1/2 years and dropped out when she landed the part of a _"The Love Boat" (1977)_ (qv) mermaid.
- First husband Marcus Leithold said their marriage was over even before they got the wedding photos developed.
- (28 February 2003) Filed for divorce from 'Jon Tenney' (qv), citing irreconcilable differences. According to the petition submitted in Los Angeles Superior Court, the couple have agreed to joint custody of their five-year-old daughter, Emerson Rose.
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.
- In the mid-90s, a photo of her wrapped in nothing but a red Superman cape famously became the most downloaded image on America Online.
- Won two Awards at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards in London, England on June 7, 2005. She was named US TV actress of the Year for her role as single mother Susan Mayer in _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), and also got the Editor's Special Award for her talent to combine motherhood and a career while looking glamorous at the same time.
- Measurements: 34B-23-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).