Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).
- (27 May 1994) Married actor 'Jon Tenney' (qv) in New York City at FAO Schwarz. They spent their honeymoon night at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Her inspirational autobiography, "Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life" will be released on hardcover by publisher Hyperion on May 2, 2006 in the U.S.A. The audio CD version of the book narrated by Teri Hatcher will also be released on the same date. The book deals with a woman's struggle of to juggle life through good times and bad.
- Suffered an injury to her right eye when a light bulb exploded on the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) set on April 25, 2006. Her cornea was scratched and she is wearing an eye patch, but she is expected to return to work in a few days.
- Daughter, Emerson Rose Tenney, was born on November 10, 1997, with ex-husband 'Jon Tenney' (qv).
- (28 February 2003) Filed for divorce from 'Jon Tenney' (qv), citing irreconcilable differences. According to the petition submitted in Los Angeles Superior Court, the couple have agreed to joint custody of their five-year-old daughter, Emerson Rose.
- Broke two ribs filming a scene for _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) where she stumbles into a wedding cake
- Named #10 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).