Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Coraline
2007 - Resurrecting the Champ
2001 - Spy Kids
1997 - Tomorrow Never Dies
1996 - 2 Days in the Valley
1996 - Heaven's Prisoners
1996 - Dead Girl
1992 - Straight Talk
1991 - Soapdish
1989 - Tango & Cash
Guest TV Roles
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).
- Suffered an injury to her right eye when a light bulb exploded on the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) set on April 25, 2006. Her cornea was scratched and she is wearing an eye patch, but she is expected to return to work in a few days.
- Received the "World Actress Award" at the 2005 Women's World Awards in Leipzig, Germany.
- First husband Marcus Leithold said their marriage was over even before they got the wedding photos developed.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- First person to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for a show that has not yet completed it's first season.
- Her inspirational autobiography, "Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life" will be released on hardcover by publisher Hyperion on May 2, 2006 in the U.S.A. The audio CD version of the book narrated by Teri Hatcher will also be released on the same date. The book deals with a woman's struggle of to juggle life through good times and bad.
- In the mid-90s, a photo of her wrapped in nothing but a red Superman cape famously became the most downloaded image on America Online.