Feb. 8th, 1940
Lancashire, England, UK
Ted Koppel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Member of the Broadcasting Hall of Fame
- He has received honorary degrees from Syracuse University, Colgate University, The University of South Carolina, American University, New England School of Law, Fairfield University, Middlebury College, Georgetown School of Law, Dartmouth College, Knox College, Howard University, Duke University, Saint Louis University, University of Pennsylvania, Tufts University, Johns Hopkins University and Catholic University.
- His father Edwin owned tire factory, mother Alice was a singer and pianist.
- Enjoys sailing
- Most prized possession is his family Torah
- His parents were Jews living in Germany in the 1930s. They emigrated to England to escape from the Nazis.
- Named Broadcaster of the Year in 1987
- Became a U. S. citizen in 1963