Feb. 8th, 1940
Lancashire, England, UK
Ted Koppel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Wife Grace is an attorney, who worked full-time while Koppel held fast to his agreement to stay at home as a full-time dad early in their careers.
- Winner of 25 Emmy Awards, five George Foster Peabody Awards, eight duPont-Columbia Awards, nine Overseas Press Club Awards, two George Polk Awards, and two Sigma Delta Chi Awards, the highest honor bestowed for public service by the Society of Professional Journalists.
- His wife gave him a motorcycle for his 60th birthday.
- Became a U. S. citizen in 1963
- Most prized possession is his family Torah
- Favorite author is Patrick O'Brian
- Has BS degree from Syracuse University and an MA in mass communications research and political science from Stanford University
- Anchored The ABC Saturday Night News from 1975-7