Feb. 8th, 1940
Lancashire, England, UK
Ted Koppel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He speaks fluent German, Russian and French.
- Named Broadcaster of the Year in 1987
- From 1971 to 1980, was ABC News' Chief Diplomatic Correspondent
- Enjoys sailing
- Cowrote book: In the National Interest
- He has received honorary degrees from Syracuse University, Colgate University, The University of South Carolina, American University, New England School of Law, Fairfield University, Middlebury College, Georgetown School of Law, Dartmouth College, Knox College, Howard University, Duke University, Saint Louis University, University of Pennsylvania, Tufts University, Johns Hopkins University and Catholic University.
- Winner of 25 Emmy Awards, five George Foster Peabody Awards, eight duPont-Columbia Awards, nine Overseas Press Club Awards, two George Polk Awards, and two Sigma Delta Chi Awards, the highest honor bestowed for public service by the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Moved to the US when he was 13