Oct. 7th, 1976
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Taylor Hicks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Performer
[no bio found]
- Not only is he the oldest person to win American Idol, he is also the first white man to win, and the first guy to win over a girl in the finale.
- In his Idol audition, Simon predicted he'd never "make it to the finals", but instead ended up winning American Idol without ever being in the bottom two or three. Simon quickly took back his words on the first week of voting.
- Is a fan of the Jonas Brothers.
- He also performed in the huge infield of Talladega Superspeedway in 2004 during a NASCAR race weekend. After he won Idol, driver David Stremme said that he hoped Hicks would come back for the October race weekend there.
- According to his grandmother, Taylor has never had any music lessons. He came running up to her when he was about twelve years old saying, "Grandma, you've got to hear this!" Then he sang Otis Redding's "Try A Little Tenderness" for her.
- Has two goldfish, named Lamont and Ray.
- He is the second American Idol winner from Birmingham, Ruben Studdard being the first.
- Plays guitar and a "blues" harmonica or "harp." He writes most of his own songs. He has a CD entitled: Under the Radar.