Jan. 2nd, 1971
New Jersey, USA
Taye Diggs' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Baggage Claim
2013 - Between Us
2013 - The Best Man Holiday
2011 - Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
2010 - Our Family Wedding
2005 - Rent
2003 - Basic
2002 - Just a Kiss
2002 - Equilibrium
2002 - Chicago
2002 - Brown Sugar
2002 - New Best Friend
1999 - House on Haunted Hill
1999 - Go
1999 - The Wood
1998 - How Stella Got Her Groove Back
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Taye Diggs was raised in Rochester, New York, Diggs received a BFA degree in musical theater from Syracuse University. He made his show business debut in the ensemble cast of the five-time Tony Award winning play Carousel. Taye Diggs is the oldest of five. His two brothers are musicians, one sister is a dancer and the other is going to college to be a veterinarian.
- Shares a birthday with 'Brandon DeShazer' (qv), 'Cuba Gooding Jr.' (qv), 'Kate Bosworth' (qv), and 'Dax Shepard' (qv).
- As of April, 2002 Taye is engaged to Broadway actress and singer 'Idina Menzel' (qv).
- Was a cast member at Tokyo Disneyland before he got the job in "Rent".
- Won the role of "Winston Shakespeare" in _How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998)_ (qv), even though the casting directors were searching for a tall black man with dreads.
- Graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in musical theater.
- Taye and his wife, 'Idina Menzel' (qv), are expecting their first child, due later this year [March 31, 2009].
- Married 'Idina Menzel' (qv) at the same Jamacian resort where _How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998)_ (qv) was filmed.
- Portrayed Benny, the evil landlord in the Tony Award winning stage production of "Rent"