Aug. 19th, 1983
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tammin Sursok's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Husk
2009 - Albino Farm
2009 - Crossing Over
2006 - Aquamarine
Guest TV Roles
Tammin Pamela Sursok (born August 19, 1983) is a South African- born Australian actress and singer-songwriter. Sursok is best known for her roles as Dani Sutherland on Home and Away, Colleen Carlton on The Young and the Restless and Jenna Marshall on Pretty Little Liars. In 2005, she released her only album to date, Whatever Will Be.
Born to Daryl and Julie Sursok in Johannesburg, South Africa. At the age of 4, she emigrated to Sydney, Australia with her family. Her mother Julie is a classically trained pianist and guitarist and as a result, Sursok was brought up surrounded by music. At a young age, Sursok was involved with the Sydney Youth Musical Theatre, where she pursued her interests in acting, music and dance. She also studied with the Trinity Speech and Drama College and graduated with a high distinction. Sursok was educated at Ravenswood School for Girls, in Gordon, Sydney, studying speech and drama in her final years of school. She won her part in the long-running Australian drama series, Home and Away at the end of 1999 after completing Year 10.
Sursok married her boyfriend, actor, producer and director Sean McEwen (August 24, 2011) in Florence, Italy. Sursok signed an exclusive deal with Australian magazine Woman's Day for the wedding photos in April 2013, Sursok revealed that her movie, Sleeping Around, was filmed in the middle of her wedding. The couple have one child, a daughter, Phoenix Emmanuel (b. October 8, 2013). Sursok also has three dogs, Tiger, Charlie and Sydney. She has an tattoo on her waist saying "Mind Body Soul".
- Is pursuing a pop music career
- Was involved in all her school productions such as playing the lead in 'South Pacific', 'The Sound of Music' and 'Mid Summer Night's Dream'.
- Has a brother, Shaun, and a half-sister, Michelle.
- Received the Australian TV Week Logie Award for Best New Female Talent (April 2001)
- Was involved with the Sydney Youth Musical theatre, where she studied dancing, singing and acting.
- She was awarded the Australian Centenary Medal in the 2001 Queen's New Years Honours List for her services to Australian Society and to acting.
- Apart from acting, one of her other interests is dancing, which she has been doing since she was 6.
- Studied drama and attended the Trinity Speech and Drama college of England receiving a high distinction in her final exam.