Jul. 6th, 1978
Gelhausen, West Germany
Tamera Mowry-Housley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tamera Darvette Mowry-Housley (born July 6, 1978) is an American actress.
She first gained fame for her teen role as Tamera Campbell on the ABC/WB sitcom Sister, Sister (opposite her identical twin sister Tia Mowry). She starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie Twitches and its sequel, Twitches Too. She has also made a break into dramatic television, and is also known for her role as Dr. Kayla Thornton on the medical drama Strong Medicine. Beginning August 2011, the Style Network began airing Tia & Tamera.
She is one of the hosts of The Real (2013) talk show along with 'Tamar Braxton', 'Jeannie Mai', 'Adrienne Bailon', and 'Loni Love'.
Tamera Mowry was born in Gelnhausen, West Germany, to Darlene Renee Mowry (née Flowers), who managed her children's careers and also worked as a security guard, and Timothy John Mowry, who was in the U.S. Army at the time of her birth and later became a custody officer/jailer with the City of Glendale Police Department when the family moved to California.
Darlene, who is Bahamian-American, and Timothy, who is English American, met in high school in Miami, Florida. During a live taping of The Wendy Williams Show in 2010, Mowry announced that she and her twin sister for some reason had erroneously believed they were of Italian descent on their father's side; however, after researching their family tree on Ancestry.com, they learned their father is of English descent. Her family is "close-knit" and "deeply religious", and the sisters became born again Christians when they were eight years old. The sisters have two younger brothers, Tahj Mowry, an actor, and Tavior Mowry, who plays college football for University of California, Davis.
Tamera Mowry is the older twin by two minutes. Tamera was born first, at 4:30pm, followed by Tia at 4:32pm. In July 2013, Tamera revealed that she did not lose her virginity until she was 29 due to her being a devout Christian, and that after she did it, she felt guilty and committed to staying celibate until marriage. She married Fox News Correspondent 'Adam Housley' after dating for almost six years. The couple married on May 15, 2011 in California's Napa Valley. The couple has one child a son named Aden, born on November 12, 2012.
- Youngest brother in the Mowry family of four children is named Tavior.
- Wears WWJD (What would Jesus do) bracelets.
- All the Mowry children's first names begin with a "T" because their dad's first name begins with one (his name is Timothy) and all their middle names begin with a "D" because their mom's first name begins with one (her name is Darlene.)
- Majored in psychology at Pepperdine University, and spent the summer 2001 studying abroad at Pepperdine's Italian campus in Florence.
- Father was in the armed services stationed in Germany where Tia and Tamara were born.
- Can be identified from her sister Tia by the mole on her cheek
- Mother is of African American descent and father is of Italian descent.
- Was in an episode of _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv) in which she played Teddy's ('Tahj Mowry' (qv), her real little brother) older sister, Denise. The episode was called "The Devil Made Me Do It."