May. 17th, 1986
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Tahj Mowry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tahj Mowry was born to Darlene Flowers, who eventually ended up managing the siblings early-career, and Timothy Mowry a police officer and a veteran of the war. Tahj made his acting debut at the age of four, in 1990 on the television series, Who's the Boss as a one-time guest star character, Greg. After that followed several other roles on memorable television sitcoms like Where I Live, Out All Night, Aladdin, Sonic The Hedge Hog, and his most memorable role in 1990 as Teddy on the hit-sitcom, Full House.
Mowry had accomplished all these reprising guest and recurring roles before even reaching the age of ten! In 1994 Mowry joined his twin sisters, Tia and Tamera Mowry on their ABC hit-sitcom, Sister, Sister as the role of Cousin Taj, Sammy and TJ Henderson. By the time he had joined the Disney sitcom Smart Guy in 1997, he was already an accomplished actor starring in movies, sitcoms, and even cartoon series. Every sibling in the Mowry family during the late 90's were stars of hit-sitcoms on different television networks. The show ran for fifty-one episodes and three seasons. The show was cancelled as Mowry stated several years later due to a "contract-dispute".
What came next for Mowry after he starred on a hit-sitcom was the star of several Disney movies such as Seventeen Again which he co-starred with his twin sisters, 'Tia and Tamera Mowry'. Other Disney movies such as Hounded in 2001, with actor Shia Labeouf as well as The Poof Point. In 2002 Mowry once again returned as a voice actor by starring in the successful animated show, Kim Possible as the computer-genius Wade Load. Mowry's character on Kim Possible was inspired by the character he played on Smart Guy. Several Kim Possible movies were released during the syndication of the series all of which Mowry starred in. The Kim Possible series and franchise ended in 2007 after winning several prestigious awards.
Mowry in 2007 also starred in a movie with rapper/actor/comedian, Ice Cube called, Are We Done Yet. Mowry played the role of Danny Pulu. Mowry in the late 2000's signed into a label, and began to pursue a singing career, citing he wanted to do more than be an actor and had other passions. Mowry will be forever remembered as a versatile entertainer and as one of many favorite child stars.
- Played varsity football at Westlake High School (California).
- Often did Pine-Sol commercials the same year his older siblings filmed "Sister, Sister" (1994), before taking on larger roles.
- Often wears a W.W.J.D. (What Would Jesus Do) wrist band. Even in acting roles. It is seen in nearly every episode of _"Smart Guy" (1997)_ (qv)
- All of the Mowry children first name starts with "T" because their dad's name starts with "T" and their middle name starts with "D" because their mom's name starts with "D".
- Father in the armed services
- Attended Welby Way Elementary School in West Hills, California.
- His two sisters are twins.
- Younger brother of 'Tia Mowry' (qv) and 'Tamera Mowry' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb