Jul. 6th, 1946
New York City, New York, USA
5' 9 1/2
Guest TV Roles
Frank the Repairman
Three Wise Guys
Elmore 'Rocky' Caddo
Det. Rick Daly
Sylvester Stallone became one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, usually playing monosyllablic, antisociety, underdog heroes. While Stallone has attempted to extend his range into film comedies and drama, his real box office success continues in action films.
- Turned down the lead role in _Coming Home (1978)_ (qv) (for which 'Jon Voight' (qv) won an Oscar).
- He is most well known for his Rambo and Rocky movies.
- Godfather of his son 'Sage Stallone' (qv) was his best friend 'Joe Spinell' (qv).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1976" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 28.
- _Rocky (1976)_ (qv) is ranked #4 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time.
- Expelled from 14 schools for antisocial and violent behavior before the age of 13.
- In an interview in January 2002, Stallone confirmed he was still interested in reprising his roles as Rocky Balboa and John Rambo, but feared that at fifty-five he was too old. Nearly four years later, in October 2005, he confirmed his intention to make _Rocky Balboa (2006)_ (qv) and _Rambo (2008)_ (qv).
- In 1986, following the enormous success of _Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)_ (qv), Stallone was received at the White House by President 'Ronald Reagan (I)' (qv).