Jul. 6th, 1946
New York City, New York, USA
5' 9 1/2
Guest TV Roles
Frank the Repairman
Three Wise Guys
Elmore 'Rocky' Caddo
Det. Rick Daly
Sylvester Stallone became one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, usually playing monosyllablic, antisociety, underdog heroes. While Stallone has attempted to extend his range into film comedies and drama, his real box office success continues in action films.
- Father of 'Sage Stallone' (qv), who has acted with him in _Rocky V (1990)_ (qv) and also _Daylight (1996)_ (qv).
- Along with 'Jon Voight' (qv) and 'Paula Abdul' (qv), took part in a fundraising, solidarity concert for the besieged Israeli city of Sderot, which has been hit by more than 7,000 Kassam rockets in the past seven years. Entitled "Live for Sderot," the concert features a performance by Israeli singer 'Ninette Tayeb' (qv). (2 March 2008).
- _Rocky (1976)_ (qv) is ranked #4 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time.
- (26 February 2001) Sued by model Margie Carr, who contends that he tried to force her to have physical relations with him last year at a Santa Monica Gym.
- Voted "Worst Actor of the Century" by the Razzie Awards in 2000.
- All his children's names begin with the letter "S": Sage, Sargeoh, Sophia, Sistine and Scarlet.
- Stallone claims to have been able to bench press 385-400 lbs (174.6-181.4 kg) and squat 500 lbs (226.8 kg) in his prime. While in a bench pressing contest with former Mr Olympia 'Franco Columbu' (qv), he severely tore his pectoral muscle and needed over 160 stitches on it. This is why one half of his chest is more veiny than the other.
- Stallone was paid a mere $60,000 to do _Cop Land (1997)_ (qv). It is said that he did the film to play a serious role and escape his action hero cast type.