Aug. 7th, 1971
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Sydney Penny's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1985 - Pale Rider
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sydney Penny is probably best known for playing "Julia Santos" on ABC Television's daytime drama, "All My Children" (1970). She made her first appearance on the soap opera in September 1993. She received critical acclaim for her performance as young "Meggie" in the hit ABC miniseries, "The Thorn Birds" (1983). She played the popular role of "B.J. Walker" in the daytime serial, "Santa Barbara" (1984), and earned herself an Emmy nomination. In 1995, Sydney received an Emmy nomination for her work on "All My Children" (1970) and a Soap Opera Award nomination.
Sydney's entrance into show business came early. Her parents, country and western entertainers Hank Penny and Shari Penny, took their daughter to many of their performances. On one occasion -- and without prompting -- Sydney, just three-and-a-half years old, jumped up on stage and sang her own composition, "My Little Pony". Three years later, Sydney landed her first paying gig -- a toy commercial. Sydney's long list of credits include a co-starring role in the syndicated television series, "The New Gidget" (1986) and roles in the movies, Pale Rider (1985), with Clint Eastwood; La ciociara (1988) (TV) (a/k/a "Running Away") with Sophia Loren, and the French film, Bernadette (1988). In addition, she has made guest appearances on a variety of prime-time shows, including the short-lived "Jack's Place" (1992), "The Twilight Zone" (1985), and "St. Elsewhere" (1982). Off camera, Sydney enjoys horseback riding, cooking and has "a passion for anything to do with the era of the 1930s and 1940s".
- Son, Chasen August Powers (born May 31, 2007).
- Played a girl named Megan in love with a priest in both _"The Thorn Birds" (1983)_ (qv) and _Pale Rider (1985)_ (qv).
- EYES: Brown
- Is expecting her first child, due June 2007.
- Real-life friends with actor 'River Phoenix' (qv).
- Has 2 brothers (Greg and Bill) and 2 sisters (Patricia and Sandra).
- Daughter of 'Hank Penny' (qv).
- Is of Hungarian, Scots-Irish, French, English, and Cherokee ancestry.