May. 12th, 1937
London, England, UK
Susan Hampshire's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in 1995 for her services to dyslexia causes and drama.
- Mother of 'Christopher Granier-Deferre' (qv) with 'Pierre Granier-Deferre' (qv).
- Her daughter, Victoria Granier-Deferre, died in infancy.
- She wrote her memoir "Susan's Story" about dealing with her dyslexia. Prominent spokeswoman for dyslexia causes in Britain.
- She had numerous miscarriages during the early 1970s, following the birth of her son Christopher.
- December 31, 2000: Announced to Sunday Telegraph that she had joined Exit, the voluntary euthanasia society.
- On her own volition she visited 'Albert Schweitzer' (qv) in Africa for two weeks.
- Dated 'Nicky Henson' (qv) in the '70s.
Related sites for this celeb