May. 13th, 1950
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
6' 0 1/2"
Stevie Wonder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Soul Boys Of The Western World
2013 - 20 Feet from Stardom
2009 - Transcendent Man
2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
2002 - Standing in the Shadows of Motown
1996 - The Adventures of Pinocchio
1972 - Cocksucker Blues
1964 - Bikini Beach
1964 - Muscle Beach Party
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Himself - Special Guest
- Has won 21 Grammy awards (a record for most Grammy awards)
- Father of 'Aisha Morris' (qv), and 'Keita Morris' (qv).
- Wrote the tribute for 'Mariah Carey' (qv)'s endorsement in Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World" (Artists & Entertainers section / Issue May 12, 2008).
- At the age of 17 he performed with The 'Jimi Hendrix' (qv) Experience playing drums at the BBC. (Jammin'/I was made to love her, BBC Sessions)
- Shortly after reaching his 21st birthday in the spring of 1971, he became the first Motown Recording artist to gain complete artistic control of his records.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7050 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- His first #1 hit was the half-improvised "Fingertips - Part 2", recorded live in concert (The first live pop single to ever reach #1). It topped the Pop Music and R&B charts in 1963 when Stevie Wonder was only 12. You can the hear the musicians struggling to keep up with the young vocalist and harmonica player as he improvises rhythm and blues riffs, and at one point in the recording a musician is heard shouting "What key? What key?"
- Oddly enough, two other vocalists introduced his 1973 smash hit "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" (from album "Talking Book") before Wonder actually sang any lyrics. Respectively, these singers were 'James Gilstrap' (qv) and 'Lani Groves' (qv).