May. 13th, 1950
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
6' 0 1/2"
Stevie Wonder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Soul Boys Of The Western World
2013 - 20 Feet from Stardom
2009 - Transcendent Man
2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
2002 - Standing in the Shadows of Motown
1972 - Cocksucker Blues
1964 - Bikini Beach
1964 - Muscle Beach Party
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Himself - Special Guest
Himself - Musical Guest
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7050 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Has been blind since birth
- His 1976 song "Isn't She Lovely" (from album "Songs in the Key of Life") was dedicated to then newborn daughter Aisha whose name and "baby sounds" can be heard on the track
- Became the very first blind recipient of an Academy Award when his composition "I Just Called to Say I Love You" won Best Original Song from _The Woman in Red (1984)_ (qv) soundtrack.
- His first #1 hit was the half-improvised "Fingertips - Part 2", recorded live in concert (The first live pop single to ever reach #1). It topped the Pop Music and R&B charts in 1963 when Stevie Wonder was only 12. You can the hear the musicians struggling to keep up with the young vocalist and harmonica player as he improvises rhythm and blues riffs, and at one point in the recording a musician is heard shouting "What key? What key?"
- Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.
- In 1988, he announced his interest in running for mayor of Detroit in the 1992 election. However, he never followed through with a campaign.
- At the age of 17 he performed with The 'Jimi Hendrix' (qv) Experience playing drums at the BBC. (Jammin'/I was made to love her, BBC Sessions)