May. 13th, 1950
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
6' 0 1/2"
Stevie Wonder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Standing in the Shadows of Motown
1972 - Cocksucker Blues
1964 - Bikini Beach
1964 - Muscle Beach Party
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Himself - Special Guest
- In addition to his being blind, he also has loss of smell due to a 1973 car crash in North Carolina from which he also has a scar.
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1983.
- Wrote "Superstition" originally for friend 'Jeff Beck (I)' (qv) while completing his 1973 album "Talking Book." Though Beck had actually recorded the number in 1972, Motown rush-released Wonder's cut ahead of the album, and "Superstition" became his second number one hit in January 1973
- Joined friends 'Dionne Warwick' (qv), 'Gladys Knight' (qv) and 'Elton John' (qv) on the 1986 chart-topper "That's What Friends Are For", the proceeds of which were donated to AIDS research. Also played harmonica on the recording.
- Has won 21 Grammy awards (a record for most Grammy awards)
- Elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.
- Father of 'Aisha Morris' (qv), and 'Keita Morris' (qv).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7050 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.