May. 13th, 1950
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
6' 0 1/2"
Stevie Wonder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Soul Boys Of The Western World
2013 - 20 Feet from Stardom
2009 - Transcendent Man
2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
2002 - Standing in the Shadows of Motown
1996 - The Adventures of Pinocchio
1972 - Cocksucker Blues
1964 - Bikini Beach
1964 - Muscle Beach Party
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Himself - Musical Guest
- Wrote "Superstition" originally for friend 'Jeff Beck (I)' (qv) while completing his 1973 album "Talking Book." Though Beck had actually recorded the number in 1972, Motown rush-released Wonder's cut ahead of the album, and "Superstition" became his second number one hit in January 1973
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7050 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Voted the ninth greatest singer of the rock era in a Rolling Stone magazine poll in 2008.
- Awarded the Polar Music Prize, the Royal Swedish Academy of Music Award, in 1999.
- Wrote the tribute for 'Mariah Carey' (qv)'s endorsement in Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World" (Artists & Entertainers section / Issue May 12, 2008).
- Collaborated on the 1985 smash hit "We Are the World" (USA for Africa)
- Received the Second Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song on February 25, 2009. Selection was announced September 2008.
- He has 7 children. The last of these, Mandla Kadjaly Carl Stevland Morris, was born May 13, 2005. He was born on his 55th birthday and is his and Kai's first child. Mandla means "Powerful/Defiant" in Zulu. Kadjaly is Swahili for "Born from God"