May. 13th, 1950
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
6' 0 1/2"
Stevie Wonder's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Voted the ninth greatest singer of the rock era in a Rolling Stone magazine poll in 2008.
- "Little Stevie" Wonder grew up to not very little at all, as he stands over 6' tall.
- Shortly after reaching his 21st birthday in the spring of 1971, he became the first Motown Recording artist to gain complete artistic control of his records.
- In addition to his being blind, he also has loss of smell due to a 1973 car crash in North Carolina from which he also has a scar.
- He was voted the 15th Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Rolling Stone.
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1983.
- He has 7 children. The last of these, Mandla Kadjaly Carl Stevland Morris, was born May 13, 2005. He was born on his 55th birthday and is his and Kai's first child. Mandla means "Powerful/Defiant" in Zulu. Kadjaly is Swahili for "Born from God"
- At the age of 17 he performed with The 'Jimi Hendrix' (qv) Experience playing drums at the BBC. (Jammin'/I was made to love her, BBC Sessions)