Dec. 3rd, 1955
La Jolla, California, USA
Steven Culp's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - From Within
2008 - Leaving Barstow
2007 - Firehouse Dog
2004 - Spartan
2002 - The Emperor's Club
2000 - Thirteen Days
2000 - Nurse Betty
1996 - James and the Giant Peach
1993 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
1993 - Fearless
1991 - Dead Again
1989 - Gross Anatomy
Guest TV Roles
Speaker of the House Jeff Haffley
Detective Brad Gholston
Well-Dressed Man #2
Detective John O'Brien
Steven Bradford Culp (born December 3, 1955) is an American film and television actor. He is known for his roles as Rex Van de Kamp on ABC's Desperate Housewives, Clayton Webb on JAG, and Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Jeff Haffley on NBC's The West Wing. Culp attended First Colonial High School in Virginia where he was voted "Most Talented". He graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1978 with a major in English literature and also studied at the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom. He earned an MFA from Brandeis University in 1981.
- Children: twins Joe and Katie.
- An extremely busy television actor, he managed to maintain recurring roles simultaneously on four series during the 2003-2004 TV season. He played CIA Agent Clayton Webb on _"JAG" (1995)_ (qv); Major Hayes, commander of the MACOs on _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv); Speaker of the House Jeff Haffley on _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv); and Dave Spencer, one of Dr. Corday's love interests on _"ER" (1994)_ (qv). He also managed to squeeze in guest appearances on _"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv) and _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv) during the season.
- His sister Kathryn Harvey (wife of Bryan Harvey, guitarist and singer for the critically acclaimed duo House of Freaks) was murdered on January 1, 2006, along with her husband and 2 young daughters.
- Is not related to 'Robert Culp' (qv) although the two closely resemble each other.
- Culp and 'Dylan Baker (I)' (qv), stars of _Thirteen Days (2000)_ (qv), did their undergraduate study together at the College of William and Mary in Williamburg, Virginia.
- Graduated from First Colonial High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia, in 1974.
- Received an MFA Degree from Brandeis University, 1981.
- Had a scene as the new first officer on the Enterprise-E on _Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)_ (qv). However, the scene was cut before the film was released. It now can be seen in the deleted scenes of the film on DVD.