Nov. 13th, 1967
Marshall, Minnesota, USA
Guest TV Roles
Nolen Marbrey (Voiced)
Career kicked off in his native Minnesota when he crashed the audition of a local stage production of "Biloxi Blues" and won the lead role. Next trained at American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, MA; then moved to New York City where he won a role touring for 13 months in national company of Tommy Tune-directed version of "Bye Bye Birdie". Back in New York, he played opposite Ethan Hawke in "Sophistry" at Playwright's Horizon, where Ben Stiller noticed him and cast him and Hawke in Reality Bites (1994).
- Son Henry James Zahn (born April 3rd 2000) and Daughter Audrey Clair Zahn (born April 25th 2002).
- He spent nearly six weeks fighting for a role in Courage Under Fire up against Matt Damon, the day he found out Damon landed the film over him he was offered the part in That Thing You Do!.
- He founded a theater company called Malaparte with 'Ethan Hawke' (qv), 'Robert Sean Leonard' (qv), and 'Frank Whaley' (qv).
- Mother's name is Zelda Zahn.
- Loves documentary films.
- His surname translates to "tooth" in German.
- Is a huge history buff.
- One night during the filming of _Rescue Dawn (2006)_ (qv), he got up to use the toilet. While urinating, he fainted. When he woke up, he was initially mad at himself for drinking so much. Awakening further, he realized that he hadn't had any alcohol for about three months, and that he had probably fainted because he had lost so much weight for the part. To regain his mental focus, he played video-game golf.