Nov. 13th, 1967
Marshall, Minnesota, USA
Guest TV Roles
Nolen Marbrey (Voiced)
Career kicked off in his native Minnesota when he crashed the audition of a local stage production of "Biloxi Blues" and won the lead role. Next trained at American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, MA; then moved to New York City where he won a role touring for 13 months in national company of Tommy Tune-directed version of "Bye Bye Birdie". Back in New York, he played opposite Ethan Hawke in "Sophistry" at Playwright's Horizon, where Ben Stiller noticed him and cast him and Hawke in Reality Bites (1994).
- Is an accomplished singer/guitarist. He played lead guitar and sang in _That Thing You Do! (1996)_ (qv) and played guitar and sang in _Saving Silverman (2001)_ (qv).
- Loves documentary films.
- His father is a Lutheran minister.
- Was 'Tom Everett Scott' (qv)'s best man at his wedding.
- His surname translates to "tooth" in German.
- Has two children, Henry and Audrey, with wife Robyn Peterson.
- He founded a theater company called Malaparte with 'Ethan Hawke' (qv), 'Robert Sean Leonard' (qv), and 'Frank Whaley' (qv).
- Gained 20 pounds for _Employee of the Month (2004)_ (qv).