37 (passed away May. 12th, 1972)
Aug. 7th, 1934
Steve Ihnat's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1972 - Fuzz
1968 - Countdown
1968 - Madigan
1967 - Hour of the Gun
1967 - In Like Flint
1966 - The Chase
1965 - Brainstorm
Guest TV Roles
Carl S. Beaumont
Sgt. Noah Todd
Lt. William Anderson
[no bio found]
- Buried in the prestigious Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, California. He is located in the Corridor of Memories near 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv).
- Passed away on May 12, 1972, his wife's 30th birthday.
- Ihnat became hooked on acting when he played a child role in an amateur theatre near Lynden, Ontario.
- Had the rare ability to turn a one-dimensional stereotype into a multi-dimensional character, and possessed a marvelous speaking voice that could imbue even the most banal dialogue with emotion, interest, and charm.
- Moved to the United States in 1958 to pursue a career in acting and attended the Pasadena Playhouse. He took out United States citizenship and served in Korea.
- He and his wife, 'Sally Carter-Ihnat' (qv), had a son and a daughter.
- SPOILER: His character, Garth of Izar, was intended to appear in DC Comics's "Star Trek" series at the end of a story arc during which Garth stabs Captain Kirk in the stomach, being unmasked as the attacker in issue 55. But the artist was forced to depict Garth as a bald-headed old man in a dark gray uniform to avoid using Ihnat's likeness in the comic.
- His parents migrated from his native Czechoslovakia. Moved to Hollywood in 1958 from Canada.
Related sites for this celeb