Mar. 12th, 1956
Leytonstone, London, England, UK
Steve Harris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Iron Maiden: Flight 666
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Founder of heavy metal band "Iron Maiden". Steve grew up in the East End of London, his father was a truck driver, and his mother raised Steve and his three sisters, as well as having various part time jobs. Started "Iron Maiden" in 1975, but didn't release any album until 1980, after numerous line-up changes. The first album was released on the 11th April and debuted in the British charts at number four.
- In The Early Days documentary he revealed that he originally wanted to be a drummer, but as he lived with his grandmother he didn't have enough room for a drum-set.
- Given that he had been the centre of attention in Maiden's early gigs the addition of Bruce Dickinson to the bands line-up originally caused small scuffles between the two as they wanted to both be at the centre of the stage. Bruce mentioned in The Early Days documentary that Harris occasionally elbowed him away, he returned the favour by causing Harris to trip on his extra-long microphone stand.
- The darker tone of the album The X Factor has often been attributed due to problems in Harris' personal life while making the album. He had recently divorced and his father had also died recently.
- Is a major fan of British soccer team West Ham United. Even has a tattoo of the clubs logo on his arm.
- Is often refered to as a "control freak" by former and sometimes even current members.
- When he founded the band that would later become called Iron Maiden, the band was known as Gypsy's Kiss.
- Founder of Iron Maiden.
- Father of singer Lauren Harris
Related sites for this celeb