Mar. 12th, 1956
Leytonstone, London, England, UK
Steve Harris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Iron Maiden: Flight 666
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Founder of heavy metal band "Iron Maiden". Steve grew up in the East End of London, his father was a truck driver, and his mother raised Steve and his three sisters, as well as having various part time jobs. Started "Iron Maiden" in 1975, but didn't release any album until 1980, after numerous line-up changes. The first album was released on the 11th April and debuted in the British charts at number four.
- When he founded the band that would later become called Iron Maiden, the band was known as Gypsy's Kiss.
- The darker tone of the album The X Factor has often been attributed due to problems in Harris' personal life while making the album. He had recently divorced and his father had also died recently.
- Founder of Iron Maiden.
- Is often refered to as a "control freak" by former and sometimes even current members.
- In The Early Days documentary he revealed that he originally wanted to be a drummer, but as he lived with his grandmother he didn't have enough room for a drum-set.
- He designed Iron Maiden's first logo which used the current Maiden Font, seen in all of their album-releases.
- Is a major fan of British soccer team West Ham United. Even has a tattoo of the clubs logo on his arm.
- Father of singer Lauren Harris
Related sites for this celeb