Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.
- His character in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv) refuses to tip waitresses. He later made a cameo as a waiter in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv).
- (12 April 2001) Stabbed in the throat, head and arm during a barroom brawl at the Firebelly Lounge in Wilmington, North Carolina. The brawl also involved 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), who was arrested for brutalizing one of Buscemi's attackers. He suffered a deep cut to the face and now has a noticeable scar on his cheek. Heavy make-up is used to hide it in movies.
- Has three brothers.
- Frequently is typecast as sleazy or crazed characters, with his roles as Tommy in _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv) and Seymour in _Ghost World (2001)_ (qv) being the closest he has come to being the romantic lead.
- Surname pronunced Buss-ehm-ee. Is of Italian and Irish-American ancestry.
- Was a New York City Fireman from 1980 to 1984, with Engine Company #55 in the Little Italy section of NY.
- (September 2001) Showed up at his old firehouse the day after the World Trade Center tragedy in New York to volunteer. Worked twelve hour shifts for a week after the terrorist act, digging through rubble with his old comrades looking for missing firefighters... anonymously.