Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- In 2003, as part of a year-long tourist promotion at the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he narrated the facility's audio tour.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Frequently is typecast as sleazy or crazed characters, with his roles as Tommy in _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv) and Seymour in _Ghost World (2001)_ (qv) being the closest he has come to being the romantic lead.
- Surname pronunced Buss-ehm-ee. Is of Italian and Irish-American ancestry.
- His mother is Irish-American.
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- In addition to his acting work, he has gained praise as a director, most notably for _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv), _Animal Factory (2000)_ (qv) and several episodes of _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).