Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Was born on a Friday the 13th.
- (October 1997) Ranked #52 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list.
- Grandmother had 5 children.
- Grew up in Valley Stream, New York, as did actors Edward Burns, James Martin Kelly, and Larry Miller.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Is one of the most prolific of today's actors, often starring in about 5 films a year.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Surname pronunced Buss-ehm-ee. Is of Italian and Irish-American ancestry.