Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Was suppose to attend the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim, Norway in 2007, but canceled two weeks before.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Bears such a strong resemblance to writer-director 'John Waters (I)' (qv) that as a joke, Waters sent out cards with a photo of Buscemi made up to look like Waters.
- Has three brothers.
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.
- (September 2001) Showed up at his old firehouse the day after the World Trade Center tragedy in New York to volunteer. Worked twelve hour shifts for a week after the terrorist act, digging through rubble with his old comrades looking for missing firefighters... anonymously.
- Has been cast in six movies by 'Joel Coen' (qv) and 'Ethan Coen' (qv), more appearances in Coen Brothers films than any other actor, exceeding by two films 'Frances McDormand' (qv), 'John Turturro' (qv) and 'John Goodman (I)' (qv). His character died in three of them: _Miller's Crossing (1990)_ (qv), _Fargo (1996)_ (qv), and _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv).