Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Bears such a strong resemblance to writer-director 'John Waters (I)' (qv) that as a joke, Waters sent out cards with a photo of Buscemi made up to look like Waters.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Frequently is typecast as sleazy or crazed characters, with his roles as Tommy in _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv) and Seymour in _Ghost World (2001)_ (qv) being the closest he has come to being the romantic lead.
- (12 April 2001) Stabbed in the throat, head and arm during a barroom brawl at the Firebelly Lounge in Wilmington, North Carolina. The brawl also involved 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), who was arrested for brutalizing one of Buscemi's attackers. He suffered a deep cut to the face and now has a noticeable scar on his cheek. Heavy make-up is used to hide it in movies.
- Played a character in _Desperado (1995)_ (qv) whose character's name was his own last name.
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- Went to a Catholic school.
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.