Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- His character in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv) refuses to tip waitresses. He later made a cameo as a waiter in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv).
- Played a character in _Desperado (1995)_ (qv) whose character's name was his own last name.
- Has three brothers.
- In addition to his acting work, he has gained praise as a director, most notably for _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv), _Animal Factory (2000)_ (qv) and several episodes of _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).
- His father, John, had hoped to be a television cameraman, but he ended up clearing garbage for the sanitation department. His mother, Dorothy, worked as a hostess in the Howard Johnson hotels.
- Grew up in Valley Stream, New York, as did actors Edward Burns, James Martin Kelly, and Larry Miller.
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.