Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Was suppose to attend the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim, Norway in 2007, but canceled two weeks before.
- #21 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- Auditioned for the part of George Costanza on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- The band "Blessid Union of Souls" makes a reference to him in their hit song, "Hey Leonardo". They refer to him as "That guy who played in _Fargo (1996)_ (qv). I think his name is Steve."
- Frequently is typecast as sleazy or crazed characters, with his roles as Tommy in _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv) and Seymour in _Ghost World (2001)_ (qv) being the closest he has come to being the romantic lead.
- (September 2001) Showed up at his old firehouse the day after the World Trade Center tragedy in New York to volunteer. Worked twelve hour shifts for a week after the terrorist act, digging through rubble with his old comrades looking for missing firefighters... anonymously.