Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Went to a Catholic school.
- His character in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv) refuses to tip waitresses. He later made a cameo as a waiter in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv).
- Frequently is typecast as sleazy or crazed characters, with his roles as Tommy in _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv) and Seymour in _Ghost World (2001)_ (qv) being the closest he has come to being the romantic lead.
- Has been cast in six movies by 'Joel Coen' (qv) and 'Ethan Coen' (qv), more appearances in Coen Brothers films than any other actor, exceeding by two films 'Frances McDormand' (qv), 'John Turturro' (qv) and 'John Goodman (I)' (qv). His character died in three of them: _Miller's Crossing (1990)_ (qv), _Fargo (1996)_ (qv), and _The Big Lebowski (1998)_ (qv).
- Grandmother had 5 children.
- Surname pronunced Buss-ehm-ee. Is of Italian and Irish-American ancestry.
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.