Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Auditioned for the part of George Costanza on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- His mother is Irish-American.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Bears such a strong resemblance to writer-director 'John Waters (I)' (qv) that as a joke, Waters sent out cards with a photo of Buscemi made up to look like Waters.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- In 2003, as part of a year-long tourist promotion at the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he narrated the facility's audio tour.
- #21 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- Went to a Catholic school.