Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Was suppose to attend the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim, Norway in 2007, but canceled two weeks before.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- In addition to his acting work, he has gained praise as a director, most notably for _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv), _Animal Factory (2000)_ (qv) and several episodes of _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).
- In 2003, as part of a year-long tourist promotion at the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he narrated the facility's audio tour.
- The band "Blessid Union of Souls" makes a reference to him in their hit song, "Hey Leonardo". They refer to him as "That guy who played in _Fargo (1996)_ (qv). I think his name is Steve."
- Is one of the most prolific of today's actors, often starring in about 5 films a year.
- He went through a variety of interesting jobs before hitting it big as a character actor. He worked as a bartender, drove an ice-cream truck, attempted stand-up comedy, and (that which he is most proud of) was a firefighter (he continues to be a volunteer fire-fighter). He bombed so bad as a comic one night another comic took his place, 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Years later Buscemi and Reiser did an episode of _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv) poking fun at the incident.
- Was born on a Friday the 13th.