Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- One son, 'Lucian Buscemi' (qv), born in 1990.
- Was born on a Friday the 13th.
- Grandmother had 5 children.
- In 2003, as part of a year-long tourist promotion at the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he narrated the facility's audio tour.
- The band "Blessid Union of Souls" makes a reference to him in their hit song, "Hey Leonardo". They refer to him as "That guy who played in _Fargo (1996)_ (qv). I think his name is Steve."
- Is one of the most prolific of today's actors, often starring in about 5 films a year.
- Grew up in Valley Stream, New York, as did actors Edward Burns, James Martin Kelly, and Larry Miller.