Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Was good enough to be a varsity wrestler (105 lb weight class) on the wrestling team in high school. He was also a soccer player, and was considered a "jock" rather than a scholar. Years later, while on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), Buscemi challenged 'Andy Richter (I)' (qv) to a wrestling match when he found out Richter was on a high school wrestling team also. Much to Buscemi's embarrassment, Richter won, although Richter noted that fact the he is six inches taller and at least 100 pounds heavier might have given him an edge.
- His character in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv) refuses to tip waitresses. He later made a cameo as a waiter in _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv).
- Has three brothers.
- Auditioned for the part of George Costanza on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- (12 April 2001) Stabbed in the throat, head and arm during a barroom brawl at the Firebelly Lounge in Wilmington, North Carolina. The brawl also involved 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), who was arrested for brutalizing one of Buscemi's attackers. He suffered a deep cut to the face and now has a noticeable scar on his cheek. Heavy make-up is used to hide it in movies.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Was suppose to attend the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim, Norway in 2007, but canceled two weeks before.