Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- The band "Blessid Union of Souls" makes a reference to him in their hit song, "Hey Leonardo". They refer to him as "That guy who played in _Fargo (1996)_ (qv). I think his name is Steve."
- Played a character in _Desperado (1995)_ (qv) whose character's name was his own last name.
- Auditioned for the part of George Costanza on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Modelled for H&M (2000).
- Was born on a Friday the 13th.
- His mother is Irish-American.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Was a New York City Fireman from 1980 to 1984, with Engine Company #55 in the Little Italy section of NY.