Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Special Segment Actor
Steve Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He became interested in acting during his last year of high school. After graduating, he moved to Manhattan to study acting with John Strasberg. He began writing and performing original theatre pieces with fellow actor/writer Mark Boone Junior. This led to his being cast in his first lead role in Parting Glances (1986). Since then, he has worked with many of the top filmmakers in Hollywood, including Quentin Tarantino, Jerry Bruckheimer, and The Coen Brothers. He is a highly respected actor.
- Was a New York City Fireman from 1980 to 1984, with Engine Company #55 in the Little Italy section of NY.
- Grew up in Valley Stream, New York, as did actors Edward Burns, James Martin Kelly, and Larry Miller.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Brother of 'Michael Buscemi' (qv).
- Is one of the most prolific of today's actors, often starring in about 5 films a year.
- Bears such a strong resemblance to writer-director 'John Waters (I)' (qv) that as a joke, Waters sent out cards with a photo of Buscemi made up to look like Waters.
- Played a character in _Desperado (1995)_ (qv) whose character's name was his own last name.
- Has three brothers.