Jun. 13th, 1974
Wimbledon, London, England, UK
Steve-O's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Barely Lethal
2010 - Jackass 3-D
2009 - Passenger Side
2006 - The Dudesons Movie
2002 - Jackass: The Movie
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steve graduated from Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College in 1997. He says the program was more like boot camp than college. Out of 2000 applicants, only 33 were accepted and Steve-O was one of them. However, after graduation, 10 were selected for the circus and this didn't include him. So he went back home to Albuquerque, New Mexico to film himself doing dangerous and stupid stunts for submission to skateboarding companies. Steve-O's relationship with Big Brother Magazine began in 1997 when they ran a side-bar article about him catching his face on fire when their Big Brother tour came through Albuquerque. In 1999 he moved from New Mexico to Florida. For six months he worked as a performer on Royal Carribean Cruise Lines and was then offered a job at the Hanneford Family Circus as a clown. During this time he was featured in several more issues of Big Brother Magazine and even filmed a part for the Big Brother video "Boob". This is when he became involved with Jackass. He says he did all his filming for the first season of Jackass within three days.
-Exclusive ShareTV Interview
- He has lit his head on fire, swallowed live goldfish and attempted to regurgitate them alive, stapled his scrotum to his thigh, let the cast throw darts in his buttocks and carved an upside down cross in his shoulder with a knife followed by rubbing ink into the wound.
- He was tattooed by a "holy man" in Thailand who had previously tattooed 'Angelina Jolie' (qv). The tattoo drawn by the holy man is located on his right shoulder blade.
- Was never a clown for Ringling Brothers, but did graduate from Clown College in 1997.
- Worked as a circus clown on cruise ships and worked for the Hanneford Family Circus.
- Before he got his big break in _"Jackass" (2000)_ (qv), he did many stunts in front of his friends at parties. One of the stunts involved him lighting his hair on fire and then doing a back flip. While doing this stunt something went wrong and he burnt all the skin on his face off. He had to wear a face mask for a month.
- Graduate of the American School in London, England (a high school) in 1992 and attended the University of Miami, but dropped out in 1993. Graduated from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College in 1997
- His father holds a high-level executive position with the Nabisco Corp.
- Following the departure of 'Adam Carolla' (qv) from _"Loveline" (1996)_ (qv), Steve-O periodically guest co-hosted in his place and was being considered, among many others, as a possible replacement. Loveline producers eventually chose KROQ DJ Stryker to replace Carolla on the show.