Jul. 8th, 1982
Pasadena, California, USA
Sophia Bush's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Chalet Girl
2009 - Table for Three
2008 - The Narrows
2007 - The Hitcher
2006 - John Tucker Must Die
2006 - Stay Alive
2005 - Supercross
2002 - National Lampoon's Van Wilder
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Princess Leia
Sophia Anna Bush (born July 8, 1982), in Pasadena, California. She is an only child. Her father, Charles William Bush, is a renowned advertising and celebrity photographer, and her mother, Maureen Bush, runs a photography studio.
Young Bush was brought up in Pasadena; she made her acting debut in a school theater production while attending Westridge School for Girls, a small private school in her hometown. She was crowned the Queen of the Tournament of Roses at Pasadena Rose Parade in 2000; that same year she graduated from HS.
In 2002 Bush made her screen debut as Sally, a college student, in the comedy Van Wilder (2002) opposite 'Ryan Reynolds'. She attended University of Southern California for three years and took Journalism major and Theatre minor, albeit she did not graduate, taking her leave of absence after getting the part as Brooke Davis, a flirtatious cheerleader on the WB TV series One Tree Hill (2003). She was also cast to play opposite 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' and 'Nick Stahl' in Terminator 3 but, after she began principal photography on the film, the director deemed her too young for the role and she was soon replaced by actress 'Clare Danes'.
However, Bush got her big break when One Tree Hill developed a loyal following and became her steady gig over four seasons. It was while working on the series that Bush began dating her on-screen love interest, actor 'Chad Michael Murray'. They wed in April 2005, but split after five months, in September 2005. In December 2006, their divorce became final. Meanwhile, she continued to land big screen roles, such as October Bantum in Stay Alive (2006), a horror film by writer/director 'William Brent Bell', and as Beth in John Tucker Must Die (2006), a comedy by director'Betty Thomas'. Bush is co-starring as Grace Andrews, who is terrorized by a killer played by 'Sean Bean', in the remake of The Hitcher (2007).
Outside of her acting profession, Bush has been working as an Assignment Editor for Annenberg TV News in her spare time. Her other talents include horseback riding, boxing, and photography. She enjoys reading and spending time with her friends and is currently residing in Wilmington, North Carolina, where the One Tree Hill show is filmed.
- Special Skills: Photography, horseback riding, boxing.
- Has French-Canadian and Italian ancestry.
- 26 September 2005: Announced she has separated from her husband 'Chad Michael Murray' (qv).
- Was the Tournament of Roses Parade Queen in 2000.
- Was cast as Kate Brewster in _Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)_ (qv) and even worked on-set for several days, but was replaced with 'Claire Danes' (qv) when director 'Jonathan Mostow' (qv) deemed her "too young" to play the role.
- Good friends with 'Bevin Prince' (qv), 'James Lafferty (I)' (qv) and 'Brittany Snow' (qv).
- She is an alumna of the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of Southern California. She attended USC for three years before getting the role of "Brooke Davis" on _"One Tree Hill" (2003)_ (qv).
- Named #90 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women of 2007.