Oct. 22nd, 1992
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Sofia Vassilieva's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva (born October 22, 1992)Vassilieva was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the daughter of Russian immigrant parents Larissa Vassilieva, a biologist, and Vladimir Vassiliev, a physicist, both from Novosibirsk ,At the age of seven, she was discovered at the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) in New York where she won the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year 2000 ,She won two Young Artist Award ,In less than one year she had the part of Elena—the granddaughter of a retired Russian General—in the episode "Deadline" of the CBS television series The Agency (2001–2003) more tv roles followed.
She speaks fluent Russian, French, English and Spanish.
At age 11, in May 2004, Sofia began playing the role of Ariel DuBois in Medium.
- By 14, she has already visited Italy, Austria, France, Canada, England, Japan, Spain, and Russia including Siberia.
- She skipped one grade in Elementary School in 1999, before her success and winning the Child Actress award on IMTA 2000, i.e. before her real interest in acting began.
- When she was 3, she started speaking French and reading in Russian and English, being fluent in these three languages, she now enjoys studying Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Discovered at the IMTA in New York in 2000, where she won 7 awards including the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga.
- Accepted the part of Kate in _My Sister's Keeper (2009)_ (qv) after 'Dakota Fanning' (qv) stepped down, upon refusing to shave her head for the part - according to rumors.
- She was a presenter of Family Feature Film on 19th Genesis Award 2005, which was broadcast on "Animal planet" on May 14 & 15, 2005.
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter's 'Daniel Radcliffe' (qv).