Oct. 22nd, 1992
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Sofia Vassilieva's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva (born October 22, 1992)Vassilieva was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the daughter of Russian immigrant parents Larissa Vassilieva, a biologist, and Vladimir Vassiliev, a physicist, both from Novosibirsk ,At the age of seven, she was discovered at the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) in New York where she won the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year 2000 ,She won two Young Artist Award ,In less than one year she had the part of Elena—the granddaughter of a retired Russian General—in the episode "Deadline" of the CBS television series The Agency (2001–2003) more tv roles followed.
She speaks fluent Russian, French, English and Spanish.
At age 11, in May 2004, Sofia began playing the role of Ariel DuBois in Medium.
- Discovered at the IMTA in New York in 2000, where she won 7 awards including the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year.
- Was offered the part of Claire in _The Clique (2008) (V)_ (qv), but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga.
- Is a vegetarian since 2004.
- She was a presenter of Family Feature Film on 19th Genesis Award 2005, which was broadcast on "Animal planet" on May 14 & 15, 2005.
- By 14, she has already visited Italy, Austria, France, Canada, England, Japan, Spain, and Russia including Siberia.
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter's 'Daniel Radcliffe' (qv).
- Beat out 'Dakota Fanning' (qv) to the Eloise role in the Eloise movies.