Oct. 22nd, 1992
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Sofia Vassilieva's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Hurt
2007 - Day Zero
Guest TV Roles
Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva (born October 22, 1992)Vassilieva was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the daughter of Russian immigrant parents Larissa Vassilieva, a biologist, and Vladimir Vassiliev, a physicist, both from Novosibirsk ,At the age of seven, she was discovered at the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) in New York where she won the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year 2000 ,She won two Young Artist Award ,In less than one year she had the part of Elena—the granddaughter of a retired Russian General—in the episode "Deadline" of the CBS television series The Agency (2001–2003) more tv roles followed.
She speaks fluent Russian, French, English and Spanish.
At age 11, in May 2004, Sofia began playing the role of Ariel DuBois in Medium.
- When she was 3, she started speaking French and reading in Russian and English, being fluent in these three languages, she now enjoys studying Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Her mother has a Ph.D in Behavioral and Evolutionary Genetics and father has a Ph.D in High Energy Physics and Astrophysics.
- Before moving to Los Angeles at 11, she lived in Minnesota, Oregon, Arizona and Utah.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga.
- At the age of 13 her favorite singer was Shakira, and later 'Sia Furler' (qv).
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter's 'Daniel Radcliffe' (qv).
- By 14, she has already visited Italy, Austria, France, Canada, England, Japan, Spain, and Russia including Siberia.
- She was a presenter of Family Feature Film on 19th Genesis Award 2005, which was broadcast on "Animal planet" on May 14 & 15, 2005.