Oct. 20th, 1971
Long Beach, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Snoop Dogg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Snoop Dogg got his name from his mother who jokingly remarked that he looked like the Peanuts character Snoopy. Snoop is known primarily for his achievements in the music industry, as a gangsta MC. As most successful musicians seem to do at some point, Snoop Dogg has done some work in film. Due to the nature of his music and his related star persona, the primary focus of his film effort has been in urban drama and comedy. Unfortunately, the talented MC has had more than one brush with the law: he served a drug conviction prior to the start of his career as a hip-hop MC, just after he graduated from high school; and in 1993, he was charged with murder but was later found not guilty.
- Born on the same day as Australian pop singer 'Dannii Minogue' (qv).
- Is a fan of the band 'Metallica' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Viggo Mortensen' (qv) and 'Tom Petty' (qv).
- Former Crips member
- Was good friends with slain rapper 'Tupac Shakur' (qv) both before and while the two were label-mates.
- Natural son of Vernell Varnado (b. Magnolia, MS, 13 Dec 1949) by Beverly Tate (b. McComb, MS, 27 Apr 1951), who later married in Los Angeles, CA, 14 Nov 1970 (div Los Angeles Co., CA, June 1975) Cordozar Calvin Broadus Sr. (b. SC, 10 Dec 1948 and d. Los Angeles Co., CA, 9 Nov 1985), who adopted his stepson.
- Owns a car he calls his "Snoop de Ville" and a barbecue he calls the "Snoop de Grille".
- Diehard fan of USC football.