Oct. 20th, 1971
Long Beach, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Snoop Dogg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Snoop Dogg got his name from his mother who jokingly remarked that he looked like the Peanuts character Snoopy. Snoop is known primarily for his achievements in the music industry, as a gangsta MC. As most successful musicians seem to do at some point, Snoop Dogg has done some work in film. Due to the nature of his music and his related star persona, the primary focus of his film effort has been in urban drama and comedy. Unfortunately, the talented MC has had more than one brush with the law: he served a drug conviction prior to the start of his career as a hip-hop MC, just after he graduated from high school; and in 1993, he was charged with murder but was later found not guilty.
- Attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.
- A fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Was good friends with slain rapper 'Tupac Shakur' (qv) both before and while the two were label-mates.
- He has 2 sons, Corde (b. 1994), Cordell (b. 1997) and a daughter, Cori (b. 2000).
- Frequently works with 'Dr. Dre' (qv).
- Served as the offensive coordinator for his son Corde's team in the Chino Hills Junior All American Football League. He played eight years in Pop Warner and two years at Long Beach Poly High. A cousin, 'Deshaun Hill' (qv), played defensive back for the New York Jets in 2003.
- Was originally chosen to play the role of L.J. in _Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)_ (qv), but left the project.
- Is a fan of the band 'Metallica' (qv).