Oct. 20th, 1971
Long Beach, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Snoop Dogg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Pitch Perfect 2
2014 - Take Me to the River
2013 - Turbo
2013 - Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp
2013 - Reincarnated
2011 - The Big Bang
2011 - Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
2005 - The Tenants
2005 - The L.A. Riot Spectacular
2005 - Racing Stripes
2004 - Soul Plane
2003 - Old School
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2003 - Beef
2003 - The Real Cancun
2002 - Tupac Shakur: Thug Angel
2001 - Training Day
2001 - The Wash
2001 - Baby Boy
2001 - Bones
1999 - Whiteboyz
1998 - Ride
1998 - I Got the Hook Up
1998 - Half Baked
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Snoop Dogg got his name from his mother who jokingly remarked that he looked like the Peanuts character Snoopy. Snoop is known primarily for his achievements in the music industry, as a gangsta MC. As most successful musicians seem to do at some point, Snoop Dogg has done some work in film. Due to the nature of his music and his related star persona, the primary focus of his film effort has been in urban drama and comedy. Unfortunately, the talented MC has had more than one brush with the law: he served a drug conviction prior to the start of his career as a hip-hop MC, just after he graduated from high school; and in 1993, he was charged with murder but was later found not guilty.
- Nephew of 'Bootsy Collins' (qv), legendary funk bassist and member of 'Parliament-Funkadelic'.
- Is a fan of the band 'Metallica' (qv).
- Diehard fan of USC football.
- Often works with 'Pharrell Williams' (qv) from The Neptunes.
- Graduated high school from Long Beach Poly in Long Beach, California.
- Was good friends with slain rapper 'Tupac Shakur' (qv) both before and while the two were label-mates.
- Owns a car he calls his "Snoop de Ville" and a barbecue he calls the "Snoop de Grille".
- Natural son of Vernell Varnado (b. Magnolia, MS, 13 Dec 1949) by Beverly Tate (b. McComb, MS, 27 Apr 1951), who later married in Los Angeles, CA, 14 Nov 1970 (div Los Angeles Co., CA, June 1975) Cordozar Calvin Broadus Sr. (b. SC, 10 Dec 1948 and d. Los Angeles Co., CA, 9 Nov 1985), who adopted his stepson.