Feb. 14th, 1970
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Ringo Starr (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Simon Pegg (born Simon John Beckingham; 14 February 1970) is an English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, and director. He is best known for having co-written and starred in various Edgar Wright features, mainly Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the comedy series Spaced.
He also portrayed Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the 2009 Star Trek film, Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III and its sequel Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Thompson in The Adventures of Tintin. Much of his major work has been in collaboration with some combination of Wright, Nick Frost, Jessica Hynes, and Dylan Moran. He also starred in and co-wrote Paul (with Frost) and Run Fatboy Run (with Michael Ian Black).
He will reprise his role as Scotty in Star Trek into Darkness and will star in Wright's next film The World's End.
Pegg married Maureen McCann on 23 July 2005. On 21 February 2009, Pegg announced his wife was five months pregnant with the couple's first child. Their daughter Matilda was born circa early July, 2009. Pegg has stated on his personal Twitter feed that he is an atheist.
Along with Jonny Buckland, Pegg is godfather to Apple, daughter of close friends Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. In return Martin is godfather to Pegg's daughter. Pegg's parents and sister briefly appeared in Spaced while his mother alone appeared in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
Pegg was awarded an honorary fellowship by the University of Gloucestershire on 4 December 2008.
- Was originally slated to play Rose Tyler's father in the first series of _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv), but due to a scheduling conflict took the role of The Editor in another episode.
- Was the drummer in a band called "God's Third Leg" when he was 16.
- Lost two stone (28 pounds) for his role in _Hot Fuzz (2007)_ (qv).
- He went to Brockworth School in Gloucester and opened their new business centre in 2004.
- Worked in UK department store Debenhams on the menswear department at the Bristol store before he went into acting.
- He is the Darrick Robertson's "model" for Wee Hughie in The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darrick Robertson.
- Pegg revealed that he would like to return to _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv), in the form of a one-hour special. The one-off show would reveal what became of the main characters. Pegg revealed this in a 2007 interview with Spaced co-star Bill Bailey.
- His favourite film is The Empire Strikes Back and His Favourite TV shows are The X-Files and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.