Feb. 14th, 1970
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Simon Pegg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
2011 - Paul
2010 - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
2009 - Star Trek
2009 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - Hot Fuzz
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Grindhouse
2007 - The Good Night
2006 - Big Nothing
2006 - Mission: Impossible III
2005 - Land of the Dead
2005 - The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse
2004 - Shaun of the Dead
2002 - 24 Hour Party People
2001 - The Parole Officer
1999 - Guest House Paradiso
Guest TV Roles
Ringo Starr (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Sleeping Queen's Guard
Simon Pegg (born Simon John Beckingham; 14 February 1970) is an English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, and director. He is best known for having co-written and starred in various Edgar Wright features, mainly Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the comedy series Spaced.
He also portrayed Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the 2009 Star Trek film, Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III and its sequel Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Thompson in The Adventures of Tintin. Much of his major work has been in collaboration with some combination of Wright, Nick Frost, Jessica Hynes, and Dylan Moran. He also starred in and co-wrote Paul (with Frost) and Run Fatboy Run (with Michael Ian Black).
He will reprise his role as Scotty in Star Trek into Darkness and will star in Wright's next film The World's End.
Pegg married Maureen McCann on 23 July 2005. On 21 February 2009, Pegg announced his wife was five months pregnant with the couple's first child. Their daughter Matilda was born circa early July, 2009. Pegg has stated on his personal Twitter feed that he is an atheist.
Along with Jonny Buckland, Pegg is godfather to Apple, daughter of close friends Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. In return Martin is godfather to Pegg's daughter. Pegg's parents and sister briefly appeared in Spaced while his mother alone appeared in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
Pegg was awarded an honorary fellowship by the University of Gloucestershire on 4 December 2008.
- When asked by a journalist whether England hadn't become too small for him after the world-wide success of _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), he replied "It's not like I'm going to be starring in Mission Impossible 3". Six months later, he was cast as Benji in _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv).
- Worked in UK department store Debenhams on the menswear department at the Bristol store before he went into acting.
- His wife of four years, Maureen McCann gave birth to a healthy baby girl, the couple's first child together, in July 2009.
- His favourite film is The Empire Strikes Back and His Favourite TV shows are The X-Files and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
- In addition to the numerous visual reference to _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv) in _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), his flatmate, Pete, is played by 'Peter Serafinowicz' (qv), the voice of Darth Maul.
- He went to Brockworth School in Gloucester and opened their new business centre in 2004.
- On 6 July 2009, Simon announced on his official website that his wife Maureen McCann had given birth to a daughter a few days earlier. However he added "name, weight, time, place etc all belong to us and we won't be going out of our way to divulge them anytime soon".
- Pegg revealed that he would like to return to _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv), in the form of a one-hour special. The one-off show would reveal what became of the main characters. Pegg revealed this in a 2007 interview with Spaced co-star Bill Bailey.