Feb. 14th, 1970
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Simon Pegg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Simon Pegg (born Simon John Beckingham; 14 February 1970) is an English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, and director. He is best known for having co-written and starred in various Edgar Wright features, mainly Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the comedy series Spaced.
He also portrayed Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the 2009 Star Trek film, Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III and its sequel Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Thompson in The Adventures of Tintin. Much of his major work has been in collaboration with some combination of Wright, Nick Frost, Jessica Hynes, and Dylan Moran. He also starred in and co-wrote Paul (with Frost) and Run Fatboy Run (with Michael Ian Black).
He will reprise his role as Scotty in Star Trek into Darkness and will star in Wright's next film The World's End.
Pegg married Maureen McCann on 23 July 2005. On 21 February 2009, Pegg announced his wife was five months pregnant with the couple's first child. Their daughter Matilda was born circa early July, 2009. Pegg has stated on his personal Twitter feed that he is an atheist.
Along with Jonny Buckland, Pegg is godfather to Apple, daughter of close friends Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. In return Martin is godfather to Pegg's daughter. Pegg's parents and sister briefly appeared in Spaced while his mother alone appeared in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
Pegg was awarded an honorary fellowship by the University of Gloucestershire on 4 December 2008.
- He was part of the same comedy troupe as 'David Walliams' (qv), 'Matt Lucas' (qv) and 'Dominik Diamond' (qv).
- Attended Stratford-Upon-Avon college, and studied Performance Studies and English.
- _Hot Fuzz (2007)_ (qv) was shot in and around the city of Wells, one of the smallest cities in the UK.
- He went to Brockworth School in Gloucester and opened their new business centre in 2004.
- Was the drummer in a band called "God's Third Leg" when he was 16.
- 'Nick Frost (I)' (qv), who co-stars with Pegg in _Hot Fuzz (2007)_ (qv), _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv) and _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), is Pegg's real life best friend and former flatmate. Before they first starred in _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv) together, Frost had no formal training as an actor, but is now a top comedy name in the UK.
- When asked by a journalist whether England hadn't become too small for him after the world-wide success of _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), he replied "It's not like I'm going to be starring in Mission Impossible 3". Six months later, he was cast as Benji in _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv).
- His wife of four years, Maureen McCann gave birth to a healthy baby girl, the couple's first child together, in July 2009.