Feb. 14th, 1970
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Simon Pegg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Boxtrolls
2014 - Hector and the Search for Happiness
2011 - The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
2011 - Paul
2010 - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
2009 - Star Trek
2009 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2008 - How to Lose Friends & Alienate People
2007 - The Good Night
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Grindhouse
2007 - Hot Fuzz
2006 - Big Nothing
2006 - Mission: Impossible III
2005 - Land of the Dead
2005 - The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse
2004 - Shaun of the Dead
2002 - 24 Hour Party People
2001 - The Parole Officer
1999 - Guest House Paradiso
Guest TV Roles
Ringo Starr (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Sleeping Queen's Guard
Simon Pegg (born Simon John Beckingham; 14 February 1970) is an English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, and director. He is best known for having co-written and starred in various Edgar Wright features, mainly Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the comedy series Spaced.
He also portrayed Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the 2009 Star Trek film, Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III and its sequel Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Thompson in The Adventures of Tintin. Much of his major work has been in collaboration with some combination of Wright, Nick Frost, Jessica Hynes, and Dylan Moran. He also starred in and co-wrote Paul (with Frost) and Run Fatboy Run (with Michael Ian Black).
He will reprise his role as Scotty in Star Trek into Darkness and will star in Wright's next film The World's End.
Pegg married Maureen McCann on 23 July 2005. On 21 February 2009, Pegg announced his wife was five months pregnant with the couple's first child. Their daughter Matilda was born circa early July, 2009. Pegg has stated on his personal Twitter feed that he is an atheist.
Along with Jonny Buckland, Pegg is godfather to Apple, daughter of close friends Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. In return Martin is godfather to Pegg's daughter. Pegg's parents and sister briefly appeared in Spaced while his mother alone appeared in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
Pegg was awarded an honorary fellowship by the University of Gloucestershire on 4 December 2008.
- Was originally slated to play Rose Tyler's father in the first series of _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv), but due to a scheduling conflict took the role of The Editor in another episode.
- He is the Darrick Robertson's "model" for Wee Hughie in The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darrick Robertson.
- Was the drummer in a band called "God's Third Leg" when he was 16.
- In addition to the numerous visual reference to _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv) in _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), his flatmate, Pete, is played by 'Peter Serafinowicz' (qv), the voice of Darth Maul.
- Auditioned for the role of Rufus in _Love Actually (2003)_ (qv).
- When asked by a journalist whether England hadn't become too small for him after the world-wide success of _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), he replied "It's not like I'm going to be starring in Mission Impossible 3". Six months later, he was cast as Benji in _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv).
- His wife of four years, Maureen McCann gave birth to a healthy baby girl, the couple's first child together, in July 2009.
- Is a huge Star Wars fan and his work often includes references to the Star Wars saga.