Feb. 14th, 1970
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Simon Pegg's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Simon Pegg (born Simon John Beckingham; 14 February 1970) is an English actor, comedian, writer, film producer, and director. He is best known for having co-written and starred in various Edgar Wright features, mainly Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the comedy series Spaced.
He also portrayed Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the 2009 Star Trek film, Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III and its sequel Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Thompson in The Adventures of Tintin. Much of his major work has been in collaboration with some combination of Wright, Nick Frost, Jessica Hynes, and Dylan Moran. He also starred in and co-wrote Paul (with Frost) and Run Fatboy Run (with Michael Ian Black).
He will reprise his role as Scotty in Star Trek into Darkness and will star in Wright's next film The World's End.
Pegg married Maureen McCann on 23 July 2005. On 21 February 2009, Pegg announced his wife was five months pregnant with the couple's first child. Their daughter Matilda was born circa early July, 2009. Pegg has stated on his personal Twitter feed that he is an atheist.
Along with Jonny Buckland, Pegg is godfather to Apple, daughter of close friends Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow. In return Martin is godfather to Pegg's daughter. Pegg's parents and sister briefly appeared in Spaced while his mother alone appeared in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
Pegg was awarded an honorary fellowship by the University of Gloucestershire on 4 December 2008.
- Attended Stratford-Upon-Avon college, and studied Performance Studies and English.
- 'Nick Frost (I)' (qv), who co-stars with Pegg in _Hot Fuzz (2007)_ (qv), _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv) and _Shaun of the Dead (2004)_ (qv), is Pegg's real life best friend and former flatmate. Before they first starred in _"Spaced" (1999)_ (qv) together, Frost had no formal training as an actor, but is now a top comedy name in the UK.
- Was offered the lead role of Rorschach in the doomed movie adaptation of the comic book mini-series, The Watchmen. He turned it down because it would become too "Simon Pegg *is* Rorschach."
- He went to Brockworth School in Gloucester and opened their new business centre in 2004.
- Was the drummer in a band called "God's Third Leg" when he was 16.
- Graduated from Bristol university in 1991 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre, film and television.
- Was originally slated to play Rose Tyler's father in the first series of _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv), but due to a scheduling conflict took the role of The Editor in another episode.
- His favourite film is The Empire Strikes Back and His Favourite TV shows are The X-Files and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.