Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Simon Cowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - One Chance
2013 - One Direction: This Is Us
2003 - Scary Movie 3
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Judge
Himself - Creator & The X Factor Judge
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his U.S. earnings at $45 million for the year.
- Says that the first time he gave a criticism was at age four when he looked at his mother's white fuzzy pillbox hat and remarked "Mum, you look like a poodle" [Source: His book "I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But..."]
- His sister's husband is the cousin of pop star 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv).
- he has 2 nieces and a nephew, namely: Tanyette Chantel (born October 18, 1981), Melissa Lee (born July 10, 1984), and Joshua Aaron, (born April 15, 1986) all 3 of whom have appeared in the audience during various episodes of Pop Idol Season 1.
- Dropped out of school at 16
- Has 3 half-brothers, John, Michael and Tony, a half sister, June, a biological sister, Lindsay Elizabeth and a younger brother 'Nicholas Cowell' (qv).
- He is good friends with 'Emma Noble (I)' (qv).
- Ranked #6 in the 2008 Telegraph's list "the 100 most powerful people in British culture".