Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Simon Cowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - One Chance
2013 - One Direction: This Is Us
2003 - Scary Movie 3
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Judge
Simon Cowell (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- (2004) His former girlfriend is 'Terri Seymour' (qv).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his U.S. earnings at $45 million for the year.
- Allergic to lambs' wool. Buys expensive cashmere jumpers.
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- Says that the first time he gave a criticism was at age four when he looked at his mother's white fuzzy pillbox hat and remarked "Mum, you look like a poodle" [Source: His book "I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But..."]
- His father Eric Cowell was a record company executive with EMI. He died at home in 1999 of a massive heart attack on the very day that Simon got his first Number One with a then-unknown band called 'Westlife' (qv) who his dad had predicted would become big.
- Made his screen debut in 1990, on the UK TV series 'Sale of the Century', his prize for winning - Kitchen Utensils.
- During auditions for 'The X Factor', he made a bet with auditionee Paul Holt that he would pay him £50,000 if he got a #1 single. Holt was quickly signed by a record label - and backed by X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne - to release "50 Grand for Christmas" in December 2004, which only charted at #35 in the UK.