Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Simon Cowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - One Direction: This Is Us
2013 - One Chance
2003 - Scary Movie 3
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Judge
Simon Cowell (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- In 2007, he earned an estimated $72 million in income from his various projects. $45 million from American Idol, $15 million from Britain's Got Talent and X Factor, and $12 million from his record label.
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- Says that the first time he gave a criticism was at age four when he looked at his mother's white fuzzy pillbox hat and remarked "Mum, you look like a poodle" [Source: His book "I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But..."]
- Has 3 half-brothers, John, Michael and Tony, a half sister, June, a biological sister, Lindsay Elizabeth and a younger brother 'Nicholas Cowell' (qv).
- His sister's husband is the cousin of pop star 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv).
- During auditions for 'The X Factor', he made a bet with auditionee Paul Holt that he would pay him £50,000 if he got a #1 single. Holt was quickly signed by a record label - and backed by X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne - to release "50 Grand for Christmas" in December 2004, which only charted at #35 in the UK.
- During an auditioning, a female participant told Simon and the other judges that she quit her job at a hair salon so she can pursue her dreams on American Idol; when getting rejected, Simon had asked for the phone and called the owner of the participant workplace where the rejected contestant got her job back.
- Made his screen debut in 1990, on the UK TV series 'Sale of the Century', his prize for winning - Kitchen Utensils.