Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Simon Cowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - One Chance
2013 - One Direction: This Is Us
2003 - Scary Movie 3
Guest TV Roles
Simon Cowell (Voiced)
Himself - Judge
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- During auditions for 'The X Factor', he made a bet with auditionee Paul Holt that he would pay him £50,000 if he got a #1 single. Holt was quickly signed by a record label - and backed by X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne - to release "50 Grand for Christmas" in December 2004, which only charted at #35 in the UK.
- He is good friends with 'Emma Noble (I)' (qv).
- His father Eric Cowell was a record company executive with EMI. He died at home in 1999 of a massive heart attack on the very day that Simon got his first Number One with a then-unknown band called 'Westlife' (qv) who his dad had predicted would become big.
- His best friend is his London neighbor Jackie St Claire.
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- he has 2 nieces and a nephew, namely: Tanyette Chantel (born October 18, 1981), Melissa Lee (born July 10, 1984), and Joshua Aaron, (born April 15, 1986) all 3 of whom have appeared in the audience during various episodes of Pop Idol Season 1.
- (2004) His former girlfriend is 'Terri Seymour' (qv).
- Says that the first time he gave a criticism was at age four when he looked at his mother's white fuzzy pillbox hat and remarked "Mum, you look like a poodle" [Source: His book "I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But..."]