Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Simon Cowell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - One Chance
2013 - One Direction: This Is Us
2003 - Scary Movie 3
Guest TV Roles
Simon Cowell (Voiced)
Himself - Judge
Himself - Guest
Himself - Creator & The X Factor Judge
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- During an auditioning, a female participant told Simon and the other judges that she quit her job at a hair salon so she can pursue her dreams on American Idol; when getting rejected, Simon had asked for the phone and called the owner of the participant workplace where the rejected contestant got her job back.
- His sister's husband is the cousin of pop star 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv).
- His best friend is his London neighbor Jackie St Claire.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his U.S. earnings at $45 million for the year.
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- Allergic to lambs' wool. Buys expensive cashmere jumpers.
- During auditions for 'The X Factor', he made a bet with auditionee Paul Holt that he would pay him £50,000 if he got a #1 single. Holt was quickly signed by a record label - and backed by X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne - to release "50 Grand for Christmas" in December 2004, which only charted at #35 in the UK.
- he has 2 nieces and a nephew, namely: Tanyette Chantel (born October 18, 1981), Melissa Lee (born July 10, 1984), and Joshua Aaron, (born April 15, 1986) all 3 of whom have appeared in the audience during various episodes of Pop Idol Season 1.