Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- Says that the first time he gave a criticism was at age four when he looked at his mother's white fuzzy pillbox hat and remarked "Mum, you look like a poodle" [Source: His book "I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But..."]
- (2004) His former girlfriend is 'Terri Seymour' (qv).
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- Dropped out of school at 16
- Allergic to lambs' wool. Buys expensive cashmere jumpers.
- He is good friends with 'Emma Noble (I)' (qv).
- Ranked #6 in the 2008 Telegraph's list "the 100 most powerful people in British culture".
- he has 2 nieces and a nephew, namely: Tanyette Chantel (born October 18, 1981), Melissa Lee (born July 10, 1984), and Joshua Aaron, (born April 15, 1986) all 3 of whom have appeared in the audience during various episodes of Pop Idol Season 1.