Jun. 11th, 1986
Los Angeles, California, USA
Shia LaBeouf's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shia Saide LaBeouf was born June 11, 1986, in Los Angeles, California, to Jeffrey LaBeouf and Shayna Saide, and is an only child. His parents are divorced, and he lives with his mom in Los Angeles. He started his career by doing stand-up comedy around places in his neighborhood, such as coffee clubs. One day, he saw a friend of his acting on "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" (1993), and wanted to become an actor. Shia and his mom talked it over, and the next day he started looking for an agent. He searched in the yellow pages, called one up, and did a stand-up routine in front of him. They liked him and signed him, and then he started auditioning. He's well known for playing Louis Stevens in the popular Disney Channel series "Even Stevens" (2000) and has won a Daytime Emmy for his performance.
- Had only two days off between finishing the shooting of _Disturbia (2007)_ (qv) and beginning that of _Transformers (2007)_ (qv).
- Was ranked #6 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(2008).
- Ranked #4 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch "future stars of tomorrow".
- Named after his grandfather who is also a comedian.
- As a child, he and his parents would dress up like clowns and sell hot dogs in the park across the street from their apartment.
- When he was a guest on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv) during the hype for _Transformers (2007)_ (qv), Dave asked Shia how his name originated. Shia responded saying that the name "Shia" was Hebrew for Praise God and his last name "LaBeouf" was French for Beef hence the phrase "Praise God for Beef.".
- Celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah.
- Wears contact lenses.