Jun. 11th, 1986
Los Angeles, California, USA
Shia LaBeouf's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shia Saide LaBeouf was born June 11, 1986, in Los Angeles, California, to Jeffrey LaBeouf and Shayna Saide, and is an only child. His parents are divorced, and he lives with his mom in Los Angeles. He started his career by doing stand-up comedy around places in his neighborhood, such as coffee clubs. One day, he saw a friend of his acting on "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" (1993), and wanted to become an actor. Shia and his mom talked it over, and the next day he started looking for an agent. He searched in the yellow pages, called one up, and did a stand-up routine in front of him. They liked him and signed him, and then he started auditioning. He's well known for playing Louis Stevens in the popular Disney Channel series "Even Stevens" (2000) and has won a Daytime Emmy for his performance.
- Wears a size-11 shoe.
- Started a hip-hop group/record label (Element) and a film production company (www.grassyslope.com) with fellow actor and best friend 'Lorenzo Eduardo'.
- Grew up in Los Angeles with actor 'Bo Barrett' (qv).
- Last name is pronounced "La-buff".
- At age 13, he celebrated his Bar Mitzvah (the traditional coming-of-age ceremony for Jewish boys).
- His French-Cajun father, Jeffrey LaBeouf, was a clown from San Francisco who spent time in France studying commedia dell'arte.
- His car crash at the end of July 2008 left him with a damaged hand. He had to undergo extensive surgery that lasted for at least 4 hours. His injury will be written into _Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)_ (qv) from which he had to take some time off after the crash.
- When younger, he attended 32nd Street USC Visual and Performing Arts Magnet.