Jun. 24th, 1967
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Sherry Stringfield's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Stepfather
2000 - Autumn in New York
1998 - 54
Guest TV Roles
Laura Michaels Kelly
Mary Jane Porter
Dr. Susan Lewis
Herself - Audience
Major Josephine 'Josie' Saunders
Sherry Stringfield was born in Colorado Springs as the oldest of three children, but mainly raised in Spring, Texas. In high school, she did both athletics and acting. Later, she attended the Acting Conservatory of the State New York at Purchase, from which she graduated in 1989 with a B.F.A. While attending the State University of New York at Purchase, she roomed with Parker Posey. During this time, she appeared in numerous off-Broadway productions. After working a short time in a theater box office, she accepted a 3 years contract as "Blake" in the daytime drama "The Guiding Light" (1952). After a short break, spent with traveling, she returned to L.A. to co-star as "Laura Kelly" on "NYPD Blue" (1993).
Stringfield is best known to television audiences around the world as "Dr. Susan Lewis" on NBC's hit medical drama, "ER" (1994), a role which has garnered her three Emmy nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress on a Drama Series as well as a Golden Globe nomination and a People's Choice Award nomination for Favorite Female Performer. With 112 Emmy nominations over the course of the show's run, it remains a critical and audience favorite.
Her additional credits include the feature films, Autumn in New York (2000) with Richard Gere and Winona Ryder and 54 (1998) with Mike Myers (I), Salma Hayek and Ryan Phillippe.
Stringfield currently resides in Los Angeles with her two children.
- Enjoys skiing, riding motorcycle, reading and traveling.
- (November 1996) Reported to be quitting _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) to spend more time with boyfriend. Will not be acting again in the near future.
- The man she married, Larry Joseph, is not the one she left _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) for.
- Was voted one of the "100 Sexiest Women in the World" by readers of FHM Magazine (1997)
- Graduated from Klein High School in Spring, Texas.
- She gave birth to 8-pound, 4-ounce Milo, her second child with husband Larry Joseph on 12 April 2004.
- Spent a year traveling through Europe.
- Is the only cast member to leave and return to _"ER" (1994)_ (qv). 'Ming-Na' (qv) had a recurring role in season 1 but came back in season 6.