Apr. 20th, 1970
Oakland, California, USA
Shemar Moore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Diary of a Mad Black Woman
2004 - Seat Filler
2001 - The Brothers
1999 - Hav Plenty
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest DJ
Daniel 'Hondo' Harrelson
Shemar Moore (born April 20, 1970) is best known for his portrayal of Malcolm Winters in The Young and the Restless on CBS, for which he won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2000. He was also nominated for Daytime Emmys in the category of Outstanding Younger Leading Actor in a Drama Series in 1996 and 1997 and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1999. He has won six NAACP Image Awards.
Moore's other television credits include the mini-series Scott Turow's Reversible Errors, on CBS, the series Birds of Prey and the movie How to Marry a Billionaire. His feature film credits include Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Butter, Motives, The Brothers and The Seat Filler. Moore currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Attended Santa Clara University where he majored in communications and played varsity baseball.
- Was a _"Weakest Link" (2001)_ (qv) contestant and was voted off.
- Nephew of a high school teacher, Stephen Wilson of Watertown High School in Watertown Massachussetts.
- Attended Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California: Class of 1988.
- Has black hair and brown eyes.
- Previously dated both 'Halle Berry' (qv) and 'Toni Braxton' (qv).
- His mother moved the family to Holland, she only spoke Dutch to him as a child. Since his African-American father was not around, he didn't learn to speak English until he was about five or six.
- Graduated from Santa Clara University.