Apr. 20th, 1970
Oakland, California, USA
Shemar Moore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Diary of a Mad Black Woman
2004 - Seat Filler
2001 - The Brothers
1999 - Hav Plenty
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Shemar Moore (born April 20, 1970) is best known for his portrayal of Malcolm Winters in The Young and the Restless on CBS, for which he won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2000. He was also nominated for Daytime Emmys in the category of Outstanding Younger Leading Actor in a Drama Series in 1996 and 1997 and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1999. He has won six NAACP Image Awards.
Moore's other television credits include the mini-series Scott Turow's Reversible Errors, on CBS, the series Birds of Prey and the movie How to Marry a Billionaire. His feature film credits include Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Butter, Motives, The Brothers and The Seat Filler. Moore currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Attended Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California: Class of 1988.
- Graduated from Santa Clara University.
- Nephew of a high school teacher, Stephen Wilson of Watertown High School in Watertown Massachussetts.
- Previously dated both 'Halle Berry' (qv) and 'Toni Braxton' (qv).
- His mother moved the family to Holland, she only spoke Dutch to him as a child. Since his African-American father was not around, he didn't learn to speak English until he was about five or six.
- Was a _"Weakest Link" (2001)_ (qv) contestant and was voted off.
- His mother is caucasian and his father is African American.
- Attended Santa Clara University where he majored in communications and played varsity baseball.