Oct. 7th, 1979
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Shawn Ashmore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Ruins
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2005 - Underclassman
2003 - X2: X-Men United
2000 - X-Men
1998 - Strike!
1991 - Married to It
Guest TV Roles
Shawn Robert Ashmore was born one minute after his twin brother Aaron in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, on October 7, 1979. At the tender age of seven, when their mother became a part of the Multiple Births Association in Alberta, Canada, the Ashmore twins were already in front of cameras impressing their elders. But it was Shawn that at the age of 14, stole the hearts of many with his wonderful performance in Guitarman (1994) (TV) in which he played the main character and was nominated for a Gemini Award. Since then, his career has skyrocketed. He has done many made-for-television movies and series, and has guest starred on various television shows, but it was his brief appearance in X-Men (2000) that landed him a role in X2 (2003) and got him on the road to stardom. As an added bonus, he even got his own personal action figure modeled after him.
After only three months after X2 (2003) he easily earned the very minor role of his brother's double in My Brother's Keeper (2004) with a release date in spring of 2004. Apart from acting, Shawn enjoys spending time with his brother, listening to music, playing guitar and snowboarding. His special skill is that he's fluent in French. His mother Linda, who is a twin herself, is a homemaker, while his father Rick is a manufacturing manager. Shawn has one pet, Jessica, a golden retriever, that he got from his grandmother when he was nine.
- For the 2005 TV movie _Terry (2005) (TV)_ (qv), Shawn's prosthetic leg was digitally added in. However, for long-distance shots, 'Grant Darby' (qv) (a leg amputee and a world triathlon champion) was used as a double.
- For _X2 (2003)_ (qv), he had to undergo physical training for 6 months with no alcohol consumption and a strict diet.
- For his made-for-television movie, _Cadet Kelly (2002) (TV)_ (qv), he had to attend military school for 3 months, also taking voice lessons to be able to project as a cadet major.
- Attended Turner Fenton High School in Brampton, Ontario.
- Reunited with actor 'Eugene Lipinski' (qv) (Del McAllister in _Guitarman (1994) (TV)_ (qv)) after 4 years for the hit television series _"Animorphs" (1998)_ (qv).
- Taught 'Aaron Stanford' (qv) the lighter tricks he used in _X2 (2003)_ (qv).
- Attended the 2004 MTV Movie awards with actress 'Michelle Trachtenberg' (qv).
- His X-Men character, Bobby Drake/Iceman, was the first character from the comic series to make an appearance in another medium, as one of the main characters on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. His character, and Ray Park's character of Toad, have both appeared in animated adaptations of the comics. In both, their characters were voiced by Frank Welker.