26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- The Barbie Doll "Malibu Barbie" was created based on Sharon Tate's character in _Don't Make Waves (1967)_ (qv).
- Her character, 'Freya Carlson', in _The Wrecking Crew (1968)_ (qv) was the inspiration for 'Felicity Shagwell' in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).
- When, in 2003, E! Entertainment Television ranked the _101 Most Shocking Moments in Entertainment (2003) (TV)_ (qv), the murder of Sharon Tate was listed at number nine.
- Spoke fluent Italian.
- Was a distant cousin of 'Bo Brinkman' (qv), 'Dakota Brinkman' (qv), 'Dennis Quaid' (qv), and 'Randy Quaid' (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of Liesl in _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv) that went to 'Charmian Carr' (qv).
- Measurements: 36-22-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Is portrayed by 'Whitney Dylan' (qv) in _Helter Skelter (2004) (TV)_ (qv)
Related sites for this celeb