26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Lived in Pasadena, Texas from 1948 to 1951 and attended St. Pius V Catholic School from kindergarten to the second grade (1948-1951).
- A January 25, 1965, brief in Daily Variety announced that she would play the lead, on loan from Filmways, in producer 'Sy Weintraub' (qv)'s _Tarzan and the Valley of Gold (1966)_ (qv). The role eventually went to 'Nancy Kovack' (qv).
- Was a friend of 'Julie Christie (I)' (qv).
- Lived in Richland, Washington from the summer of 1954 to the fall of 1959 and attended Spalding Elementary School from 1954-55, Chief Joseph Junior High School (now Chief Joseph Middle School) from 1955-58, and Columbia High School (now Richland High School) from 1958-1959.
- Buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California.
- Sharon became close friends with her _Valley of the Dolls (1967)_ (qv) costars, 'Patty Duke' (qv) and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv). Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married 'Roman Polanski' (qv) in 1968.
- When the house was demolished in 1994, 'Trent Reznor' (qv) having used the house to record his 8th Halo album 'The Downward Spiral (1994)' alledgedly took the 'Pig' door and used it for his studio in Louisiana.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
Related sites for this celeb