26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Measurements: 36-22-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Spent her junior year of high school in three different schools: Columbia High School in Richland, Washington, from September to late fall 1959; Irvin High School in El Paso, Texas, from late fall 1959 to April 1960; and Vicenza American High School in Vicenza, Italy, from April to June 1960. She graduated from Vicenza American High School in 1961.
- Had two younger sisters, Debra (born November 6, 1952) and Patricia (born October 30, 1957; died June 3, 2000). She was very close to both of them.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- Was originally cast in the role of "Billie Jo" on _"Petticoat Junction" (1963)_ (qv), but she walked away from the show on advice from her manager ('Martin Ransohoff' (qv)). He didn't feel it was a good launching pad for her career.
- Her character, 'Freya Carlson', in _The Wrecking Crew (1968)_ (qv) was the inspiration for 'Felicity Shagwell' in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).
- Born at 5:47 pm-CST on a Sunday.
- Buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California.
Related sites for this celeb