26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Her parents' names are Paul James Tate and Doris Gwendolyn Willet. They were married on January 25, 1942. Her mother was born on January 19, 1924 and died on July 10, 1992.
- When, in 2003, E! Entertainment Television ranked the _101 Most Shocking Moments in Entertainment (2003) (TV)_ (qv), the murder of Sharon Tate was listed at number nine.
- Was originally cast in the role of Christian Rudd in _The Cincinnati Kid (1965)_ (qv) by producer 'Martin Ransohoff' (qv), who had her under contract. She was replaced with 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) by the film's director, 'Norman Jewison' (qv), after 'Sam Peckinpah' (qv) was fired several days into filming by Ransohoff. Ransohoff was dismayed by Peckinpah's desire to shoot the film in black and white and to feature Tate in a nude scene.
- When the house was demolished in 1994, 'Trent Reznor' (qv) having used the house to record his 8th Halo album 'The Downward Spiral (1994)' allegedly took the 'Pig' door and used it for his studio in Louisiana.
- Lived in Pasadena, Texas from 1948 to 1951 and attended St. Pius V Catholic School from kindergarten to the second grade (1948-1951).
- Sharon became close friends with her _Valley of the Dolls (1967)_ (qv) costars, 'Patty Duke' (qv) and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv). Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married 'Roman Polanski' (qv) in 1968.
- Sister of 'Debra Tate' (qv).
- Had enormous brown eyes and a dazzling smile. At the time of her death, she was known as one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.
Related sites for this celeb