26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Her closest girlfriends were actresses 'Wende Wagner' (qv), 'Sheilah Wells' (qv), and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv).
- Was a friend of 'Julie Christie (I)' (qv).
- Had two younger sisters, Debra (born November 6, 1952) and Patricia (born October 30, 1957; died June 3, 2000). She was very close to both of them.
- When the house was demolished in 1994, 'Trent Reznor' (qv) having used the house to record his 8th Halo album 'The Downward Spiral (1994)' alledgedly took the 'Pig' door and used it for his studio in Louisiana.
- Received "introducing" designation in the credits of two films. Internationally with _Eye of the Devil (1966)_ (qv) and domestically in _Don't Make Waves (1967)_ (qv), both produced by her mentor, Marty Ransohoff.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- In 1959 she was the winner of 5 different beauty pageants: Miss Frontier Days, Miss Richland, Miss Tri-Cities, Miss Water Follies, and Miss Auto-Rama.
- Was a distant cousin of 'Bo Brinkman' (qv), 'Dakota Brinkman' (qv), 'Dennis Quaid' (qv), and 'Randy Quaid' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb