26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Born at 5:47 pm-CST on a Sunday.
- The Barbie Doll "Malibu Barbie" was created based on Sharon Tate's character in _Don't Make Waves (1967)_ (qv).
- Her closest girlfriends were actresses 'Wende Wagner' (qv), 'Sheilah Wells' (qv), and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv).
- Had two younger sisters, Debra (born November 6, 1952) and Patricia (born October 30, 1957; died June 3, 2000). She was very close to both of them.
- A January 25, 1965, brief in Daily Variety announced that she would play the lead, on loan from Filmways, in producer 'Sy Weintraub' (qv)'s _Tarzan and the Valley of Gold (1966)_ (qv). The role eventually went to 'Nancy Kovack' (qv).
- Spoke fluent Italian.
- Was originally cast in the role of Christian Rudd in _The Cincinnati Kid (1965)_ (qv) by producer 'Martin Ransohoff' (qv), who had her under contract. She was replaced with 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) by the film's director, 'Norman Jewison' (qv), after 'Sam Peckinpah' (qv) was fired several days into filming by Ransohoff. Ransohoff was dismayed by Peckinpah's desire to shoot the film in black and white and to feature Tate in a nude scene.
- When, in 2003, E! Entertainment Television ranked the _101 Most Shocking Moments in Entertainment (2003) (TV)_ (qv), the murder of Sharon Tate was listed at number nine.
Related sites for this celeb