26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Received "introducing" designation in the credits of two films. Internationally with _Eye of the Devil (1966)_ (qv) and domestically in _Don't Make Waves (1967)_ (qv), both produced by her mentor, Marty Ransohoff.
- In 1959 she was the winner of 5 different beauty pageants: Miss Frontier Days, Miss Richland, Miss Tri-Cities, Miss Water Follies, and Miss Auto-Rama.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- Was originally cast in the role of Christian Rudd in _The Cincinnati Kid (1965)_ (qv) by producer 'Martin Ransohoff' (qv), who had her under contract. She was replaced with 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) by the film's director, 'Norman Jewison' (qv), after 'Sam Peckinpah' (qv) was fired several days into filming by Ransohoff. Ransohoff was dismayed by Peckinpah's desire to shoot the film in black and white and to feature Tate in a nude scene.
- Her character, 'Freya Carlson', in _The Wrecking Crew (1968)_ (qv) was the inspiration for 'Felicity Shagwell' in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).
- Is portrayed by 'Whitney Dylan' (qv) in _Helter Skelter (2004) (TV)_ (qv)
- Born at 5:47 pm-CST on a Sunday.
- Her parents' names are Paul James Tate and Doris Gwendolyn Willet. They were married on January 25, 1942. Her mother was born on January 19, 1924 and died on July 10, 1992.
Related sites for this celeb