26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Lived in Pasadena, Texas from 1948 to 1951 and attended St. Pius V Catholic School from kindergarten to the second grade (1948-1951).
- In high school, she was a cheerleader, baton twirler, star basketball player, and played Juliet in the school production of "Romeo and Juliet." She was also voted Homecoming Queen and Senior Prom Queen.
- In 1959 she was the winner of 5 different beauty pageants: Miss Frontier Days, Miss Richland, Miss Tri-Cities, Miss Water Follies, and Miss Auto-Rama.
- Born at 5:47 pm-CST on a Sunday.
- Sister of 'Debra Tate' (qv).
- When, in 2003, E! Entertainment Television ranked the _101 Most Shocking Moments in Entertainment (2003) (TV)_ (qv), the murder of Sharon Tate was listed at number nine.
- Her friend 'Christopher Jones (I)' (qv) was emotionally devastated by her August 9th, 1969 murder by the acolytes of 'Charles Manson' (qv). Jones suffered what he described as a "nervous breakdown" and abandoned his acting career.
- Was crowned Sophomore Princess at Columbia High School in 1958.
Related sites for this celeb