26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- In 1959 she was the winner of 5 different beauty pageants: Miss Frontier Days, Miss Richland, Miss Tri-Cities, Miss Water Follies, and Miss Auto-Rama.
- She was sensitive to strong perfumes and toilet water but did enjoy using a scent enhanced body soap called Milk & Pearls.
- Her friend 'Christopher Jones (I)' (qv) was emotionally devastated by her August 9th, 1969 murder by the acolytes of 'Charles Manson' (qv). Jones suffered what he described as a "nervous breakdown" and abandoned his acting career.
- Was originally cast in the role of Christian Rudd in _The Cincinnati Kid (1965)_ (qv) by producer 'Martin Ransohoff' (qv), who had her under contract. She was replaced with 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) by the film's director, 'Norman Jewison' (qv), after 'Sam Peckinpah' (qv) was fired several days into filming by Ransohoff. Ransohoff was dismayed by Peckinpah's desire to shoot the film in black and white and to feature Tate in a nude scene.
- Had enormous brown eyes and a dazzling smile. At the time of her death, she was known as one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.
- When the house was demolished in 1994, 'Trent Reznor' (qv) having used the house to record his 8th Halo album 'The Downward Spiral (1994)' alledgedly took the 'Pig' door and used it for his studio in Louisiana.
- On "E!'s Most Shocking Hollywood Murders", her murder was ranked #1.
- Her favorite color for clothing was ecru.
Related sites for this celeb