26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Lived in Pasadena, Texas from 1948 to 1951 and attended St. Pius V Catholic School from kindergarten to the second grade (1948-1951).
- Spent her junior year of high school in three different schools: Columbia High School in Richland, Washington, from September to late fall 1959; Irvin High School in El Paso, Texas, from late fall 1959 to April 1960; and Vicenza American High School in Vicenza, Italy, from April to June 1960. She graduated from Vicenza American High School in 1961.
- Was originally cast in the role of Christian Rudd in _The Cincinnati Kid (1965)_ (qv) by producer 'Martin Ransohoff' (qv), who had her under contract. She was replaced with 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) by the film's director, 'Norman Jewison' (qv), after 'Sam Peckinpah' (qv) was fired several days into filming by Ransohoff. Ransohoff was dismayed by Peckinpah's desire to shoot the film in black and white and to feature Tate in a nude scene.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- Sister of 'Debra Tate' (qv).
- She was sensitive to strong perfumes and toilet water but did enjoy using a scent enhanced body soap called Milk & Pearls.
- Her parents' names are Paul James Tate and Doris Gwendolyn Willet. They were married on January 25, 1942. Her mother was born on January 19, 1924 and died on July 10, 1992.
- Sharon became close friends with her _Valley of the Dolls (1967)_ (qv) costars, 'Patty Duke' (qv) and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv). Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married 'Roman Polanski' (qv) in 1968.
Related sites for this celeb