26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- Lived in Richland, Washington from the summer of 1954 to the fall of 1959 and attended Spalding Elementary School from 1954-55, Chief Joseph Junior High School (now Chief Joseph Middle School) from 1955-58, and Columbia High School (now Richland High School) from 1958-1959.
- Was a friend of 'Julie Christie (I)' (qv).
- Is portrayed by 'Whitney Dylan' (qv) in _Helter Skelter (2004) (TV)_ (qv)
- Was crowned Sophomore Princess at Columbia High School in 1958.
- Drove a 1967 red Ferrari with tags # VMP659.
- On "E!'s Most Shocking Hollywood Murders", her murder was ranked #1.
- Last book she read was 'Thomas Hardy (I)' (qv)'s "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" which she convinced Roman Polanski would make a great film one day. Polanski's film _Tess (1979)_ (qv) is dedicated simply "For Sharon".
- Was originally cast in the role of "Billie Jo" on _"Petticoat Junction" (1963)_ (qv), but she walked away from the show on advice from her manager ('Martin Ransohoff' (qv)). He didn't feel it was a good launching pad for her career.
Related sites for this celeb