26 (passed away Aug. 9th, 1969)
Jan. 24th, 1943
Dallas, Texas, USA
Sharon Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1970 - Ciao, Federico!
1969 - 12 + 1
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
1968 - Rosemary's Baby
1967 - Don't Make Waves
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1964 - The Americanization of Emily
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sharon's early life was one of constant moving as her father served in the military. When she lived in Italy, she was voted "Homecoming Queen" of her high school. After being an extra in a few Italian films, Sharon headed to Hollywood where she would again start as an extra. Her first big break came when she was cast as the shapely bank secretary, Janet Trego, in the Television Series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962) (1963-1965)". In 1967, she would meet her future husband, Director Roman Polanski, on the set of the English film _Fearless Vampire Killers, The (1967)_. Sharon's big role would be that same year when she was the starlet in Valley of the Dolls (1967). With her marriage to Roman, her life became one of parties, travel, and meeting influential movie people. She would appear as a red haired beauty in the spy spoof The Wrecking Crew (1968) working with Dean Martin (I) and the equally beautiful Elke Sommer. Sharon then took time off from films as she awaited the birth of her first child. On August 9, 1969, a pregnant Sharon Tate and four other people where murdered by members of the "Manson family".
- A January 25, 1965, brief in Daily Variety announced that she would play the lead, on loan from Filmways, in producer 'Sy Weintraub' (qv)'s _Tarzan and the Valley of Gold (1966)_ (qv). The role eventually went to 'Nancy Kovack' (qv).
- Drove a 1967 red Ferrari with tags # VMP659.
- Was a distant cousin of 'Bo Brinkman' (qv), 'Dakota Brinkman' (qv), 'Dennis Quaid' (qv), and 'Randy Quaid' (qv).
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- Her closest girlfriends were actresses 'Wende Wagner' (qv), 'Sheilah Wells' (qv), and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv).
- Sharon became close friends with her _Valley of the Dolls (1967)_ (qv) costars, 'Patty Duke' (qv) and 'Barbara Parkins' (qv). Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married 'Roman Polanski' (qv) in 1968.
- Sharon Tate's unborn baby boy (who died with her) was to be named Paul Richard Polanski.
- Was originally cast in the role of "Billie Jo" on _"Petticoat Junction" (1963)_ (qv), but she walked away from the show on advice from her manager ('Martin Ransohoff' (qv)). He didn't feel it was a good launching pad for her career.
Related sites for this celeb