Oct. 26th, 1973
Kent, Connecticut, USA
Seth MacFarlane's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie!
2008 - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
2006 - Life is Short
Guest TV Roles
Agent Jake Curdy
Seymour - speaking (Voiced)
Stewie Griffin (Voiced)
Seth MacFarlane was born in the small New England town of Kent, Connecticut where he lived with his father (Ron), mother (Perry) and sister ('Rachael MacFarlane' )qv_). He attended and studied animation at the Rhode Island School of Design and, after he graduated, he was hired by Hanna-Barbera Productions (Now called Cartoon Network Studios) working as an animator and writer on the TV series "Johnny Bravo" (1997) and "Cow and Chicken" (1997). He also worked for Walt Disney Animation as a writer on the TV series "Jungle Cubs" (1996). He created The Life of Larry (1995) which was originally supposed to be used as an in-between on "MADtv" (1995). Unfortunately the deal fell through but, a few months later, executives at FOX called him into their offices and gave him $50,000 to create a pilot for what would eventually become "Family Guy" (1999). On September 11, 2001, he was scheduled to return to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11 after being a keynote speaker at his alma-mater in Rhode Island. Due to a mix-up by his travel agent, he was told that his flight was scheduled to depart at 8:15am but it really departed at 7:45am and he had arrived at Boston Logan Airport a few minutes after boarding was stopped on his flight and he was told he would have to wait for the next flight. At 8:45am, one hour after the departure of American Airlines Flight 11, it was hijacked by terrorists and crashed into One World Trade Center (North Tower) in New York City killing all on-board. He was able to contact his parents within 20 minutes of Flight 11 striking the first tower to tell them he was okay. He said that he thanked his travel agent for screwing up the departure time or he would have been on board.
- Cousin Tim Mercer has a punk-pop band in Brooklyn, New York.
- Loves golf.
- His ancestors William Brewster and wife Mary were Mayflower passengers.
- He constantly references the movie _Back to the Future (1985)_ (qv) and its sequels in both _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv) and _"American Dad!" (2005)_ (qv).
- He considered working for the Walt Disney Company after graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, but decided against it due to criticism from religious welfare groups. Instead he worked for Hanna-Barbara after the studio received his thesis film, The Life of Larry (1995), which was sent to them by Seth's professor at the RISD.
- Was supposed to board the first plane which crashed into the Twin Towers on September 11th, but he missed his flight by one minute.
- Has Scottish ancestry.
- Is good friends with 'Butch Hartman' (qv), creator of _"The Fairly OddParents" (2001)_ (qv) and _"Danny Phantom" (2004)_ (qv).