Oct. 26th, 1973
Kent, Connecticut, USA
Seth MacFarlane's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Ted 2
2014 - A Million Ways to Die in the West
2013 - Movie 43
2012 - ted
2010 - The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie!
2008 - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Musical Guest
Wayne the Brain (Voiced)
Seth MacFarlane was born in the small New England town of Kent, Connecticut where he lived with his father (Ron), mother (Perry) and sister ('Rachael MacFarlane'). He attended and studied animation at the Rhode Island School of Design and, after he graduated, he was hired by Hanna-Barbera Productions (Now called Cartoon Network Studios) working as an animator and writer on the TV series Johnny Bravo (1997) and Cow and Chicken (1997). He also worked for 'Walt Disney' Animation as a writer on the TV series Jungle Cubs (1996). He created The Life of Larry (1995) which was originally supposed to be used as an in-between on MADtv (1995). Unfortunately the deal fell through but, a few months later, executives at FOX called him into their offices and gave him $50,000 to create a pilot for what would eventually become Family Guy (1999).
On September 11, 2001, he was scheduled to return to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11 after being a keynote speaker at his alma-mater in Rhode Island. Due to a mix-up by his travel agent, he was told that his flight was scheduled to depart at 8:15am but it really departed at 7:45am and he had arrived at Boston Logan Airport a few minutes after boarding was stopped on his flight and he was told he would have to wait for the next flight. At 8:45am, one hour after the departure of American Airlines Flight 11, it was hijacked by terrorists and crashed into One World Trade Center (North Tower) in New York City killing all on-board. He was able to contact his parents within 20 minutes of Flight 11 striking the first tower to tell them he was okay. He said that he thanked his travel agent for screwing up the departure time or he would have been on board.
- Based his Stewie Griffin voice from 'Rex Harrison (I)' (qv)'s portrayal of Henry Higgins in _My Fair Lady (1964)_ (qv).
- The name of his production company, Fuzzy Door, comes from the name of his apartment when he attended Rhode Island School of Design ("RISD"). The door to the house was covered in fur.
- He constantly references the movie _Back to the Future (1985)_ (qv) and its sequels in both _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv) and _"American Dad!" (2005)_ (qv).
- Cousin Tim Mercer has a punk-pop band in Brooklyn, New York.
- Based the voice of Peter Griffin mostly from a loud mouthed security guard that worked on the campus where he attended college.
- Loves golf.
- Big 'Rex Harrison (I)' (qv) fan
- Lives in Los Angeles.