Sep. 26th, 1981
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Serena Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Tennis Player (segment "The Summer Games")
Snowplow Driver Hero (Voiced)
Serena Williams, currently the #7 female tennis player in the world, has always maintained a level of interest. She earned her first grand slam singles title at the U.S. Open back in 1999, and currently rode a string of four straight grand slam singles title wins - the 2002 French, Wimbledon, and U.S. Open titles, and the 2003 Australian Open title, all achieved by defeating her older sister, Venus. A knee injury in 2003 forced her to sit out 8 months of tennis competition. She reached the Wimbledon final in 2004, but has not won a major title since the summer of 2003. As of late, Serena has taken a stab at acting, appearing in guest roles on both "The Simpsons" (1989) and "My Wife and Kids" (2001). More roles are likely to follow. Serena was born in Saginaw, Michigan, to Richard and Oracene Williams (now divorced). The youngest of five girls, Serena grew up with Venus and older sisters Lyndrea, Isha & Yetunde. She was born in 1981. Eldest sister Yetunde Price was murdered in Los Angeles, California in the fall of 2003.
- On 25 January 2003, she won the Australian Open tennis championship, completing the 'grand slam' of women's tennis. "The Serena Slam Completed" was ranked #10 in TV Guide's list of the "25 Most Awesome Sports Moments (of the last 15 years)". [17 July 2005 issue]
- Beat her older sister, 'Venus Williams' (qv), to win the 2002 French Open, 2002 Wimbledon, 2002 US Open & the 2003 Australian Open. By doing so, she joined 'Martina Navratilova' (qv), 'Steffi Graf' (qv), Margaret Court and 'Maureen Connolly' (qv) as the only women to have won four Grand Slam titles in a row.
- Younger sister of 'Venus Williams' (qv).
- Parents are Richard & Oracene (divorced)
- Dad Richard is her coach
- Was the 1999 US Open champion
- Born on the same day as actress 'Christina Milian' (qv).
- Is the youngest of 5 girls