Jun. 23rd, 1972
Southfield, Michigan, USA
Selma Blair's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
One of our most exciting and versatile actresses, Selma Blair first gained our attention for her performance in Cruel Intentions (1999), a youthful retelling of the classic novel "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". After graduating from high school in Michigan, Selma moved to New York City to pursue her goal of being a photographer but found her way to acting classes at The Stella Adler Conservatory and The Column Theatre.
Selma starred for two seasons as the title character in the WB's "Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane" (1999) and then appeared in the hit comedy, Legally Blonde (2001) opposite Reese Witherspoon. She then starred opposite Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate in The Sweetest Thing (2002) and in two independent films that garnered her much critical acclaim: Dana Lustig's Kill Me Later (2001) and Todd Solondz's controversial Storytelling (2001).
In 2004, Selma starred in Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy (2004) and appeared in John Waters (I)'s A Dirty Shame (2004). Her other film credits include Paul Weitz's In Good Company (2004), opposite Topher Grace in Pretty Persuasion (2005), opposite Stellan Skarsg�rd in w Delta z (2007), in Ed Burns's Purple Violets (2007), in Robert Benton (I)'s Feast of Love (2007) starring opposite Morgan Freeman (I) and Greg Kinnear.and Newton Thomas Sigel's award-winning short film, The Big Empty (2005) opposite Elias Koteas.
Selma's upcoming projects include My Mom's New Boyfriend (2008) opposite Colin Hanks, Antonio Banderas (I) and Meg Ryan (I) and is in production on Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008).
- Went to camp at Black River Farm and Ranch, a horseback riding camp for girls.
- Developed a fear of the water and sharks after seeing _Jaws (1975)_ (qv).
- Audtioned for the role of Buffy on the tv show _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- Wore a very large pair of fake breasts to play a stripper in the movie _A Dirty Shame (2004)_ (qv), directed by 'John Waters (I)' (qv).
- Former sister-in-law of 'Moon Unit Zappa' (qv), 'Dweezil Zappa' (qv), and 'Diva Zappa' (qv).
- Wore a pale pink wedding dress for her wedding and had an identical dress made in black for the reception.
- References 'Sissy Spacek' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv), and 'Judy Davis (I)' (qv) as her influences.
- Best friend with 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv).