Jul. 22nd, 1992
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Selena Gomez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Selena Marie Gomez (born July 22, 1992) is an American actress and recording artist.
Gomez was born in Grand Prairie, Texas. She is the daughter of former stage actress Amanda Dawn "Mandy" Teefey (née Cornett) and Ricardo Joel Gomez. Gomez was named after Tejano singer 'Selena', who died almost three years after Gomez was born. Her father is of Mexican ancestry; her mother, who was adopted, has some Italian ancestry.
Giving birth to Selena at 16, her mom Mandy recalls living "paycheck-to-paycheck". Selena started out on Barney & Friends (1992) as Gianna in 2001 where she really discovered her talent. Unfortunately, they dropped her from the series after just two years.
In 2003, she had a very small role in the movie Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) and a bit part in 2005 when she played Julie in Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (2005) with 'Mitchel Musso' and in 2006 as Emily Grace Garcia in Brain Zapped (2006) when she recorded a song for the movie. She guest starred as Gwen in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (2005) and as Hannah's rival, the evil Mikayla, in Hannah Montana (2006).
Selena's amazing talent landed her roles in two Disney series, both spin-offs. Unfortunately, neither show was picked up until 2007 when she got the role of Alex Russo in the magical series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) which she auditioned for three times.
In March 2008, she made her first animated movie Horton Hears a Who! (2008) and later starred in Another Cinderella Story (2008) with Disney Channel star 'Andrew Seeley' for ABC Family. Her two Disney Channel Original Movies Princess Protection Program (2009), with real-life BFF 'Demi Lovato', and Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (2009) will both air Summer 2009.
- She went to Danny Jones Middle School located in Texas.
- Her mom, 'Mandy Cornett' (qv), remarried in 2006 to Brian Teefey.
- She is of Mexican and Italian heritage.
- While filming that animated movie _Horton Hears a Who! (2008)_ (qv), she played 'Steve Carell' (qv)'s daughter but she never got to meet him.
- Both her family and 'Fernanda Romero (II)' (qv) are from the same town in Mexico.
- Her favorite band is 'Paramore' (qv).
- She is a huge fan of 'Johnny Depp' (qv).
- Is an only child.