Jul. 22nd, 1992
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Selena Gomez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Selena Marie Gomez (born July 22, 1992) is an American actress and recording artist.
Gomez was born in Grand Prairie, Texas. She is the daughter of former stage actress Amanda Dawn "Mandy" Teefey (née Cornett) and Ricardo Joel Gomez. Gomez was named after Tejano singer 'Selena', who died almost three years after Gomez was born. Her father is of Mexican ancestry; her mother, who was adopted, has some Italian ancestry.
Giving birth to Selena at 16, her mom Mandy recalls living "paycheck-to-paycheck". Selena started out on Barney & Friends (1992) as Gianna in 2001 where she really discovered her talent. Unfortunately, they dropped her from the series after just two years.
In 2003, she had a very small role in the movie Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) and a bit part in 2005 when she played Julie in Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (2005) with 'Mitchel Musso' and in 2006 as Emily Grace Garcia in Brain Zapped (2006) when she recorded a song for the movie. She guest starred as Gwen in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (2005) and as Hannah's rival, the evil Mikayla, in Hannah Montana (2006).
Selena's amazing talent landed her roles in two Disney series, both spin-offs. Unfortunately, neither show was picked up until 2007 when she got the role of Alex Russo in the magical series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) which she auditioned for three times.
In March 2008, she made her first animated movie Horton Hears a Who! (2008) and later starred in Another Cinderella Story (2008) with Disney Channel star 'Andrew Seeley' for ABC Family. Her two Disney Channel Original Movies Princess Protection Program (2009), with real-life BFF 'Demi Lovato', and Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (2009) will both air Summer 2009.
- Her favorite band is 'Paramore' (qv).
- Is from Grand Prairie, Texas.
- Best known for playing "Gianna" in _"Barney & Friends" (1992)_ (qv).
- Discovered by Disney in a nation-wide casting call.
- Before landing the role of "Alex Russo" in _"Wizards of Waverly Place" (2007)_ (qv), Selena wasn't a fan of neither magic or the Harry Potter franchise.
- She is named after Tejano singer 'Selena (I)' (qv) Quintanilla Perez.
- Her favorite subject is Science.
- Is learning how to play guitar, drums and piano because she wants to be in her own band.