Nov. 15th, 1977
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Sean Murray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1993 - This Boy's Life
1993 - Hocus Pocus
Guest TV Roles
Murray was born in Bethesda, Maryland. He spent his childhood near Coffs Harbour in New South Wales, Australia, and holds dual citizenship in the U.S. and Australia. His mother is Vivienne Bellisario, fourth wife of American television producer and screenwriter, Donald P. Bellisario, making him Bellisario's stepson. He is best known for playing Timothy McGee in the CBS television drama NCIS and Danny Walden in the military drama JAG which is the parent series to NCIS.
Murray's television credits include a starring role in the UPN sitcom The Random Years and a supporting role as teenager Zane Grey Hart in CBS's comedy/western series, Harts of the West, with Beau Bridges as his father and Harley Jane Kozak as his mother. Lloyd Bridges also starred in the series. The program was set on a dude ranch in Nevada. Murray also appeared in several episodes of JAG and later took on a major role in the show's spin-off NCIS.
Murray has made several television guest appearances, including ER. In addition, Murray has appeared in several feature films including Hocus Pocus (1993), his motion picture film appearance, in which he played Thackery Binx; This Boy's Life; and in Todd Field's Too Romantic.
- He listens to electronic music. Sean has cited 'Aphex Twin' (qv) and Drexciya as two of his favorite artists.
- He is a huge fan of 'David Lynch (I)' (qv)'s work.
- Daughter Caitlyn Melissa Murray (b. May 3, 2007).
- He attended Bonita Vista Junior High (now Bonita Vista Middle) in Chula Vista, California.
- Stepson of 'Donald P. Bellisario' (qv).
- Brother of 'Chad W. Murray' (qv) who was the victim on NCIS 1x04 The Immortals and who also happens to work as post-production coordinator on NCIS.
- Son of 'Vivienne Bellisario' (qv).
- In a commentary recording for a 4th season episode of _"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" (2003)_ (qv), Sean noted that his father had been the executive officer on board the aircraft carrier, Enterprise.