Jun. 26th, 1970
Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA
Sean Hayes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
2008 - Igor
2008 - Soul Men
2007 - The Bucket List
2004 - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
2003 - The Cat in the Hat
2003 - Pieces of April
2001 - Cats & Dogs
1998 - Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss
1986 - Lucas
Guest TV Roles
Tour Guide (Voiced)
Sean grew up in the Chicago suburb of Glen Ellyn, Illinois. His father, Ron, a lithographer, left him and his four siblings when Sean was a young child. Sean says he hasn't seen his father in more than 10 years. His mother, Mary, works at a food bank. Sean attended Illinois State University where he studied music and theatre. He supported himself through his college years by playing piano for voice lessons and working in community theater. He played a stint with the Second City comedy troupe and then became a musical director for a local theater. He grew tired of that after a while and in the spring of 1995, moved to LA. He got a "hellish" job at a restaurant. His first big break was landing a national tour with Kenny Rogers (I) for a Christmas show. In 1997, he got a series of commercials that gained him attention and led to his eventual role on "Will & Grace" (1998).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2004 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his performance in the film _The Cat in the Hat (2003)_ (qv), however, he failed to receive a nomination.
- Born on the same day as actor 'Chris O'Donnell (I)' (qv).
- Classically trained pianist.
- Attended Illinois State University in 1992, where he studied music and theatre.
- Close friends with actress 'Rosa Blasi' (qv); attended her wedding to Giants Fullback 'Jim Finn (IV)' (qv) on February 14, 2004.
- The first thing he bought after he made some money was a concert grand piano.
- As a teenager, Sean Hayes was an extra in 'Winona Ryder' (qv)'s first movie _Lucas (1986)_ (qv) - filmed at Sean's High School in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- Drives a Toyota Camry.