Aug. 5th, 1965
New York City, New York, USA
Scott William Winters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Scott William Winters was born in 1965 in New York, New York. He lived there with his family until around the age of 13. At that time his father, an investment banker, was transferred and the family moved to Arizona. Scott lives in a cabin three and half hours from Los Angeles in the mountains. There he enjoys fishing and 'digging for gold'. Scott has an older brother Dean who also appears on the show OZ. He plays Ryan O'Reily, brother to Scott's Cyril. He also has a younger brother Brad who works on the show as well as an occasional writer. The youngest in the family in Scott's sister Blair, she runs the Children's HIV ward of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital in New York. Scott is no stranger to working with his brother Dean. Before their OZ gig, the two worked together as brother bartenders at various New York bars. It was at one of those establishments where they met Tom Fontana, who cast them in guest starring roles on his series Homicide: Life on the Street. Scott has also appeared in other TV shows and several movies, but his most steady role is playing prisoner Cyril O'Reily on HBO's OZ.
- It is interesting to note that Winters has played two characters named, "MacNamara", in his career. First, on the TV show Angel, and also on Dexter.
- Worked as a bartender before he got into acting.
- Brother of 'Dean Winters' (qv) and of writer 'Bradford Winters' (qv).
- Lives in a cabin three and a half hours away from Los Angeles.
- Enjoys fishing and digging for gold.
Related sites for this celeb