Jul. 9th, 1971
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Scott Grimes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Winter's Tale
2010 - Robin Hood
1999 - Mystery, Alaska
1995 - Crimson Tide
1989 - Night Life
1987 - Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night
1986 - Critters
Guest TV Roles
Kevin Swanson (Voiced)
Special Agent Dave Flynn
Kenny (segment "Little Boy Lost")
Grimes was born in Lowell, Massachusetts, the son of Pam and Rick Grimes. He lived in neighboring Dracut, Massachusetts for much of his youth, and attended Dracut Public Schools. His sister, Heather Grimes, is also an actress. He is the uncle of Camryn Grimes, who is best known for her role as Cassie Newman in The Young and the Restless.
Grimes started acting at an early age. In 1984, at the age of 13, he co-starred with Mickey Rooney in a made-for-TV holiday movie entitled It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. In 1985, he appeared in an episode of the Twilight Zone called "Little Boy Lost".
He also began singing in childhood, and in March 1986 appeared on a Bob Hope TV special, singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". The special was taped in Sweden with the King and Queen in attendance. In 1987, he performed as a guest vocalist on the Time album by Richard Carpenter of The Carpenters, where Carpenter thanked the 15-year old Grimes for his "spirited" performance, commenting in the liner notes, "I believe young Scott to have quite a future in music." His first music album, Scott Grimes, was issued by A&M Records in 1989, which was produced by Carpenter. In 2005, he released his second album, Livin' on the Run, and in 2010 issued his third, Drive.
In 1987, he voiced Pinocchio in the dark animated film Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night. In 1988, he appeared with Dwayne Hickman, Connie Stevens, and her daughter Tricia Leigh Fisher in the TV-movie Bring Me the Head of Dobie Gillis; Grimes, Hickman, Stevens, and Fisher also appeared on the All-Star Super Password Special with Bert Convy. He had also guest starred on the NBC sitcom Wings. He is also known for his 1987 recurring role on Who's the Boss as Alyssa Milano's character's love-interest, Chad McCann and then appeared regularly in the 1994–2000 series Party of Five as Will McCorkle. He appeared on the NBC prime time show ER playing Dr. Archie Morris, a role he started in 2003 and portrayed until the series' end in 2009.
- (4 September 2001) Welcomed second child, son Jackson Richard.
- Shares a birthday with 'Tom Hanks' (qv), one of his idols.
- Born at 3:11 PM EDT.
- Was a guest vocalist on an album of the group 30-Odd-Foot of Grunts (the band fronted by his _Mystery, Alaska (1999)_ (qv) co-star 'Russell Crowe' (qv)).
- Scott was discovered by radio news jock Dave Maynard, who hosted Community Auditions, a local Boston based talent show. Scott won first place because of his exceptional singing ability and came back to visit the show after he made the movie _It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (1984) (TV)_ (qv)_.
- Father of actress Madison Grimes (April 2, 1999).
- Supports the USO, American Cancer Society, and the AIDS Research Foundation.
- Mother: Pam Grimes. Father: Rick Grimes.