Jul. 15th, 1972
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Scott Foley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Scott Kellerman Foley (born July 15, 1972) is an American actor. He is known for roles in television shows such as The Unit and Felicity, and in films such as Scream 3. He has also guest starred in the series Dawson's Creek and Scrubs.
Foley was born in Kansas City, Kansas, the oldest of three sons. He lived in various countries throughout his childhood as a result of his father's career in international banking. When he was fifteen years old his mother died.
He is a graduate of Clayton High School.
On October 19, 2000, Foley married actress 'Jennifer Garner', whom he met when she guest starred on Felicity. Foley and Garner, now the wife of film star 'Ben Affleck', separated in March 2003 and Garner filed for divorce in May 2003.
In 2006, he was engaged to actress 'Marika Dominczyk'; they married in June 2007 in a private ceremony in Hawaii. By this marriage he became brother-in-law to actress Dagmara Dominczyk, his wife's sister, and her husband, actor Patrick Wilson.
In October 2009, it was announced that Foley and his wife were expecting their first child.
Foley's breakthrough role was playing Noel Crane on Felicity. Foley has had recurring guest appearances on Scrubs, playing Elliot Reid's boyfriend, Sean Kelly, and on Dawson's Creek as Cliff.
Foley was nominated for a Teen Choice Award/Film as Choice Sleazebag for his role in Scream 3. Aside from acting, Foley has tried his hand at both directing and producing. He has directed one episode of Felicity (called "The Graduate") and also produced the sitcom A.U.S.A., on which he appeared.
He had a starring role in CBS military drama The Unit, throughout its 4 season run, playing Sergeant First Class Bob Brown. He guest-starred as a steroid using baseball pitcher on the hospital drama, House.
Foley appeared in three episodes of ABC's new hit comedy Cougar Town starting in December. He signed on to play a businessman being shown houses by Cougar Town's resident real estate agent, Jules (Courteney Cox). His character and Jules began a dating relationship, but it ended quickly as he wanted a more serious relationship than on-the-rebound Jules.
- Has 2 younger brothers approximately 2 years apart in age.
- Met ex-wife 'Jennifer Garner (I)' (qv) on the set of _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv)
- Used to work at Mrs. Fields Cookies. Scott was so broke at the time, he pretty much lived on left over cookies.
- His mother died when he was 15, which changed his relationship with his father. They were a lot closer before her death.
- Brother-in-law of 'Dagmara Dominczyk' (qv).
- Was cast as Ben on _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv) but the producers could not find anyone to play Noel, so they asked him to take that role while they found a different actor for Ben.
- Was supposed to be a series regular on _"Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane" (1999)_ (qv), but, after the success of _"Felicity" (1998)_ (qv), he was only available for guest appearances.
- Brother is actor Sean Foley.